Lady Moose hurt!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy New Year. Well yes and no. Got the Night Moose just about finished. That's another post for another person to make. Me however, in the dark, moving around trucks on a junked up piece of property, not so good. Was backing up Lady Moose and the front end was swinging around and the air dam caught that C6 that's for sale and ripped a good 1/4 of the fiberglass off. :mad:

Had to confess my sins to the wife.

Anybody got any leads on a replacement? About the only think I can find remotely close is the urethane one that LMC sells. Here is the item now defunct. It's that thing under the bumper.
You must be registered for see images

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
oopsy

why not rip it the rest of the way off? wouldnt the radiator get more air that way?

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be sure and gather all the pieces; fiberglass is very repairable.

You can buy kits at various auto-parts stores that have everything you need.

Any decent marine shop can also fix fiberglass.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed, just repair it. Might be a little messy but fiberglass is very easy to repair. Body shop or boat repair shop should be able to do it if you don't want to tackle it.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yea, like everyone else has said, fiberglass is VERY repairable. I have hand made parts before with the stuff, and seriously anything can be fixed with fiberglass. Takes time and allot of patience, but it can be done. Just take it to a boat shop if you dont want to do it yourself. There are a number of different fillers and gels to help smooth out the repair.

BROWNIEBOY525

The old fleet
Reaction score
from what i can see in the pic it looks pretty repairable a good fiberglass guy could fix it so you would never even know it was there.

ericboutin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definately repair it! I'm in the same boat, mine has a pretty nasty crack running up it but I have always planned to repair it when I got closer to painting her. I know I'll never be able to replace it.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
If it's fiberglass, it's an easy fix. Heck, I worked my way through high school fixing surf boards out in California :D ( don't know if I ever recovered from the fumes :rotflmao
A little patience and you can get it, if not, find a boat shop and they can take care of it in their sleep.

1dieselman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To bad I'm out here in Arizona, I used to work at a boat builder in Crisfield Maryland, that would be simple repair.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I was expecting to hear about another soccer mom trying to mash under your rear bumper.

geonc

SPIDER BAIT
Reaction score
I gotta agree with repairing it Mel ;Sweet

Besides, working glass is a far easier learning curve than the DARKSIDE! LOL

Just remove the bumper and turn upside down on some horses.......that is your form to follow seeing that you still have the busted piece.....

I have to confess----I did the same thing to WW's '96 [ a the time was not even 1 yr old :eek:] Dodge Ram -----was backing a 16' box trailer while helping some friends move and dropped the front in a drainage ditch -cuss

You can do it man!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well since it happened late and in the dark, I don't have any pics to show you, but its in 3 pieces and broke in half. All the screw holes were torn through, and it would be a major basket case to put back together. Yea, of course it could be fixed. By me, probably not. I'm not very good with gel coat and fiberglass resin. I patched it up pretty good when we first got the truck, as it had some chunks taken out of it, so I'm not unfamiliar with the process. It's just that time is not something I have a lot of, and if I have to fix it, it won't get done fast enough to make the wife forget that I'm the one that ripped it off, if you know what I mean. 1 hour to unbox something and bolt it on, would be MUCH better than looking at it until warmer months, and time that will compete with getting 3 trucks ready to go to Kentucky.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle