l@@k what i scored in the lone star today!

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to say this but your rad mount hardware is upside-down. It should go from bottom up: bolt, large thick ish washer, rubber only bushing then mount then the top bushing with threaded insert then your spacers, rad support, washer and nut.

Good catch... I couldn't figure out why that looked funny. As long as there is rubber between the support and the mount I don't guess it matters. :dunno

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i tried to copy what i took out but you know,it was kinda hard to see being all rusty and whatnot.i should of just took a look at log trucks,being that truck is 2wd and so clean.i was so sure i got it right though lol.
yeah,probably doesn't matter much either way,so long as the all rubber disc there is between the support and the mounts.
are you sure though iv got that nut with rubber on the bottom in the wrong place? i ask because it sure looked like thats where it fit.right nicely up in the mount.now iv gotta go look at log trucks.
anyone have of a diagram of the rad support mounts?

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
I know that the cupped/threaded "washer" goes in between the mount and the bottom of the core support with the larger bushing. The smaller one just goes on the bottom with a single flat washer.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ok i just corrected them.yup.all i had to do was walk over and look at log truck and i would of clearly saw the error of my ways.:D they swapped right over easy enough.just unbolting and lifting the body for a little clearance.so using the little washer in between,it might not of lasted/held up very well as the large one with the nut insert probably.don't want that.this kit is too pricey to buy over again.
thanks guys!;Sweet

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 38.JPG
    38.JPG
    222.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 39.JPG
    39.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 26

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score
That's why I went with the poly bushings. 1/3 of the price and I'll never have to fight with that threaded washer again (when it rust-welds itself to the bolt).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online