Keeping motivated

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure I found my fuel leak. I broke my own rule not to reuse spring clamps. I'm annoyed I did it and it caused an issue. But I am glad it wasn't something crazy. I've been driving it every day. I had repacked my wheel bearings. They are still humming. I had the chassis ears on them last night.

I also had a much smaller death wobble last night. While part of me is getting frustrated and anxious that things keep popping up, the other part knows that all of this should have been taken care of long ago! The truck has a quarter of a million miles on it.

I have so many customer cars, it is hard to make time for "me". The kids are not in school this week so I don't have my usual 2 days of "me" time. I put off what customers I could, but I also have to make that cash money.

Ordered the wheel bearings. Also took a long look at that carrier bearing, and it has to get replaced before this trip! I am hoping that is also a contributor to the remaining death wobble.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just think how bored you'd get without an old pickup to wrench on through.:D timkin make the best bearings.autozone carry them fyi.pawn them rugrats off at your parents place for a couple days lol.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish. My parents both still work full time. Got the rear drained and cover painted and back on. Going to fill tonight.
Got oil drained. New filter filled and on. Just need to fill.
Got all this done during their nap time today haha.
Tonight I finish fluids and drive it to make sure I got all the fuel leaks. Tomorrow I need it to pull a car hauler with a flip car (90s explorer that just needs a master cylinder and a ton of cleaning. Got it in exchange for wiring diag and repair and ac recharge!!)

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night got a few little things done. Replaced burnt out bulbs in cluster, finished fluid changes.
Carrier bearing should get here today and then I'll be driving it around to see if that is the cause of the remaining wobble. Also have the New shocks and wheel bearings on the way.

Crunch time. I wanted all of this maintenance and diagnostic finished weeks ago!!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid stuff but was on my list:
Wiper arms painted and blades replaced. But when I went to spray them to make sure arms were correct the spray motor went out haha. Hoping the one on this explorer is the same so I can just borrow it
Blower motor resister here. Just have to wait for kids to be in bed so I can get that in!
Bearing should be here tomorrow. Hoping this is the last of the wobble!!!!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh it still runs fine, but just has an odd sound that I do not remember this engine having when it was in my red dually... Pulling valve covers just to check valve train since the only thing I changed was the cam

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

I feel like a 90s Ford dealer threw up in my driveway haha.

I got the customer's van finished. Rotted a.c. lines to rear so we will be making custom ones. I told her I would give her an estimate when I get back. Looks like a pin hole leak. Held vacuum so recharged and put in dye.
Lubed her loud shrieking doors and clamped down on some of the exhaust heat shields. Was making an insane rattle on start up and idle. I don't know if she will notice either of these things haha.
Got a free explorer. Put in a charged battery and it started right up! Hopefully can get dog smell out and make a small profit. But I didn't let myself get distracted by it! I have severe ADD I think haha.

Anyway replaced the carrier and front shocks on my truck. But this fuel leak is bad.

Used compressed air and dried out everything, took it around the block. Definitely that injector area. I think I have the parts I need to repair it. Cross your fingers for me!

Camper sitting back on. The turnbuckles that came with the tie downs don't fit! I feel so stupid. I should have checked that first. They're not open today or Monday of course!
Going to use the rears that came with the camper and some regular turn buckles for the front. Will order better ones and try to have shipped to campground for the ride home.

One more day!! I hate last minute stuff.

gandalf

Reaction score
Those shocks look like they may be beyond their expected service life. Good job, replacing them. How are the shocks in the rear? You want them strong so you don't porpoise with every bump.

What tie downs did you put on? Hope they're good.

You don't have jacks mounted on each corner of the camper? I'd think those tripod things are an awful nuisance.

The girls are going with you? Do not allow them to ride in the camper.

Drive safely, have a great time.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are 3 lift points with the "stock" jacks. They are wobbly and did I mention there are 3? I wish I could meet the person that engineered this!

You must be registered for see images attach

I use my tripods to help balance it while it is up.

I will not miss this camper when we get rid of it!!

And I know you're joking about my 2 and 3 year old riding in the camper haha. They will be safe in their car seats.

Have I mentioned how fun it is putting car seats into a 1992 truck? Jesus!

Bad news is, I did the passenger return lines and caps and o rings and that leak is gone. But I think my IP is leaking also.

:/÷×$=%;/&*(£(&%!$×#!!!!!!

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Can ask Mel to bring an extra pump out.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three jacks was standard on those old campers. Wobble was horrible up on the jacks.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news for me, bad news for Mel haha.
I spent a good amount of time with my pals brake clean and compressed air.
Did my best to dry out that valley completely after doing the return lines etc.
Drove it around to do all of my errands today and still dry!!!
Going to miss the diesel fine headaches! Whew.
You guys will never guess what my loud shrieking belt was caused by!
Finally quiet haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online