jack up motor to put frost plug in

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used 1 inch expandable plugs. I'm pretty sure they seated good. I just wanted to see if it would hold water. I replaced the one buy the oil filter,it was pretty easy. Replaced the one by the oil cooler, I had to remove 3 bolts to jack the motor up and get at it. Was a real pain. I can't find the other plug. I found two on the passenger side, one is the correct plug, the other has the block heater in it I think? So maybe there is just another plug out I can't find. I just wanted to see if it held water before I go and put the correct plugs in

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
On the passenger side there are two plugs and the block heater. On the drivers side there are three and behind the flywheel there are two plugs. vPlease read back a few pages for my post as to what the dementions of the plug holes are. I think I said you needed a 1 1/4 inch expandable plug.

93fordturbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have to locate the other plug Spots. I know the plug is the right size, whatever size it its I can't remember. I just wanted to plug the holes up to see if the block is cracked