It showed up on my driveway....

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This '87 blazer has a 6.2na and THM700....kinda cute in its own ugly sort of way, and a potential donor vehicle for the 6.5TD that is coming out of one of my trucks. Owner wants $500 for it....if it wasn't for a 6.5 hanging out in the wings, I wouldn't condsider it. I am overloaded with trucks too. When/if the wife comes back next summer, I will be a dead man..... :eek:
But....a 6.5TD with a TE06H in a big blazer body is just so damn tempting of a project..... :love:

pafixitman

Reaction score
Cool. The GM version of Mel's project! (Ignore the fact that the factory offered it and it is not homemade.)

I have always liked the big 2 dr sport utes - Blazer, Bronco.

I had a 1970 John Deere model 70 Lawn tractor show up Saturday morning prior to the turbo install. Asking forgiveness was easier than permission! :angel:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
towcat said:
6.5TD with a TE06H in a big blazer body is just so damn tempting of a project..... :love:

do it, do it, do it, do it..................

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking mainly for better MPG and the chev wins that one hands down. I've towed with a Blazer before and that is scary deal when the trailer is pushing you through the intersection. So...this deal is mainly for commuting mpg than towing.

PackRat

Buzzard Pilot
Reaction score
towcat said:
This '87 blazer has a 6.2na and THM700....a 6.5TD with a TE06H....

Just my $.02. If you do anything, at least pull the 700R4 out, and have it updated, or you will be in for trouble. From 87-92 there were more updates, than members left over at TDS. :rotflmao

Jarlaxle

Bregan D'aerthe
Reaction score
If you're going to go through the monumental task of a conversion, why not do it right and ditch the boat anchor for a Cummins...I'd happily take a 4BT over a 6.5 Detroit.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jarlaxle said:
If you're going to go through the monumental task of a conversion, why not do it right and ditch the boat anchor for a Cummins...I'd happily take a 4BT over a 6.5 Detroit.
well....here's the problem...IM LAZY :D . I've done the factory 6.5TD drop-in to a earlier chassis and its not hard outside of the downpipe. Everything else is literally a bolt-on. A 4bt requires work. Also, when I do get around to selling it, a somewhat factory appearing job sells easier.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726