Is this *really* a problem?

N.E fjord-by-fjord 2fiddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Fair enough. If it's free, why not?

Maybe i'll even ask them to give me the $25 for fuel it will cost me to get to the nearest dealer and back... :D

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just got the same letter in the mail today. ill have to check with the dealer to see if it holds true on the hydro-boost that I swapped in the truck.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just going to get it done. I'll try to take before/after pics. If it's just a pigtail, surely they can't screw it up, right?

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm just going to get it done. I'll try to take before/after pics. If it's just a pigtail, surely they can't screw it up, right?

You just had to say it, didn't you?

Odds are, though, as long as nothing is broken and held together with mud or similar, it will go fine.

1995voyagerES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I right that it's only this pigtail wire you can get with the part no. SW6350 at places like rockauto?
I'm asking because I get a new to me 1996 F250 PSD next week wich also has this recall listed but my problem is that around here there are no Ford dealers wich can handle this recall. They refuse to work on american fords here (I'm living in germany) exept one dealer but he is located far away.
So my question is: Can I buy this and be safe?
Thanks

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are paranoid, separate the connector and lube it all up good so it slides apart quick and easy reducing the probablity of breakage.

needlenose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are paranoid, separate the connector and lube it all up good so it slides apart quick and easy reducing the probablity of breakage.

Not paranoid about it, that's why I wanted to know if it's a real problem. I'm not entirely convinced that some of these current "recall" issues aren't simply an attempt to make money off the auto makers. But something OLDBULL said got me to thinking.

I wouldn't answer that question. It's a liability answer. Take it to a Ford dealer, let them tell you if it's necessary or not. Takes 15 minutes to install the plug and play if needed.

It's a dealers responsibility to do that. All he has to do is check the VIN, Ford may not be able to track down the owner.

If something ever happens involving my truck and it becomes known that I ignored a request from Ford to service a recall, I'm going to get hammered over negligence. It probably won't matter if the recall even caused the problem or not. It's probably better to go and get the paperwork from Ford showing that it was handled by a competent mechanic. Then it's their problem.

Edit: Sorry, just realized you were talking about having something get broken during the install.

Last edited:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Never heard of it but wait... Its free.. Whats the question again...;Really:eek::angel::D I would do it because its costing you nothing for a 20 year old rig that you probably didn't buy new.

20,000 posts and you've never heard of it? It's been all over the news for years and in the forums for years too.

I saw a ford Focus burn up in the parking garage at my work because of this switch. Ford got sued big time for all the fires burning people's houses down and that's why there is the recall.

I actually need to get this done too, currently I just have the switch disconnected.

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
just got the same letter in the mail today. ill have to check with the dealer to see if it holds true on the hydro-boost that I swapped in the truck.

If your cruise control still works then you still have the switch. It's located on the hydraulic lines to the brakes, your hydro boost wouldn't change that fact.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
I had a 93 F150 (5.0 V8) that went in for the recall. Perfect excuse to look around the dealer and empty their brochure racks!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Not paranoid about it, that's why I wanted to know if it's a real problem. I'm not entirely convinced that some of these current "recall" issues aren't simply an attempt to make money off the auto makers. But something OLDBULL said got me to thinking.

August last year, was involved in a accident involving a 2006 chevrolet malibu. Car took the worst of it, got a check and then dumped it. Now, it's surfacing about all sorts of issues. Power steering (electronic) the ignition system, etc etc. Has me very suspicious of the whole accident now. I feel it's past operator error at this point. Operator error probably added to it, but having a ****** design doesn't help matters either...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle