Is this Normal?

Silver Burner

Burnin' Oil&Rubber
Reaction score
I noticed the weirdest thing the other day. When I'm cruising down the road and the E4OD is locked up, it will unlock instantly if I hit the blinker to the right. not to the left, just to the right. As soon as I let the right blinker go, the TC locks up again. Is that the weirdest sheet you ever heard or what?? Tranny is running the correct amount of AMSOil fluid and no other problems at all. Is this some sort of strange wiring glitch, or was this put in on purpose, almost like the TC switch mod to lock/unlock the TC?? :dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes.. This is normal behavior but.. Its because your brake lite bulb filament has broken and is grounding out on the turn signal filament... Just change the tail lite bulb and all will be fine again... This happened to me when I installed my rebuilt engine and I did my test drive..... Drove me nuts trying to figure out what wires I mixed up doing the overhaul.....:D Another member here told me what to look for... Sure nuff.. Found a burned out blinker filament on a tail lite that had touched the brake lite filament... :eek:So, every time the blinkers worked on that side the torque converter would unlock and lock back up..... Really easy fix..... If you know what to look for... You can make this lock and unlock happen if you aply just the tinyest bit of brak peddle. It causes the torque converter to unlock so when you come to a complete stop the engine wont die.... Funny how these things work but we never really think whay they do what they do....:sly

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert