Is my DP gonna work???

ajd257

Reaction score
Ok, I got my DP from Banks and it is 3" the whole way including the flange. When I ordered it, Banks didnt tell me that I was gonna need anything else to make it work. Does anybody have the banks kit on their truck? Is it going to work on my factory turbo?? I just hate to tear my old pipe out if the new one isnt gonna work.
Thanks,
Andrew

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
ajd257 said:
Ok, I got my DP from Banks and it is 3" the whole way including the flange. When I ordered it, Banks didnt tell me that I was gonna need anything else to make it work. Does anybody have the banks kit on their truck? Is it going to work on my factory turbo?? I just hate to tear my old pipe out if the new one isnt gonna work.
Thanks,
Andrew
no it will not work the factory DP is only 2 1/4" I upgraded my turbo outler to a bigger housing to run the bigger DP

94_7.3turbo

diesel power
Reaction score
yes mine worked just fine i have a 94 factory turbo with the banks stinger system, 3" DP all the way back to the 4" stainless tip and it fit just fine, just had to show it who was boss

ajd257

Reaction score
So it actually mounted to the factory turbo outlet without any problems.

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
ajd257 said:
So it actually mounted to the factory turbo outlet without any problems.
does your new DP have a flange for a clamp or what unless it necks down real small I don't see how it would fit with out some mods :confused:

94_7.3turbo

diesel power
Reaction score
had a flange and my clamp fit just fine on the banks dp and to my turbo the only real issue was the space between the firewall and the tranny and u just gott show the DP who's boss and it will fit, at least mine did

ajd257

Reaction score
Yeah, my new DP from Banks has a flange on it but it doesnt neck down at all, the flange is 3 inches just like the rest of it, which is why I was a little concerned. Sounds like it works though, thanks guys, imm puttin it on this weekend, Ill let ya know how I make out.
Andrew

93turbo_animal

Reaction score
aaklingler said:
94_7.3turbo, did your dp neck down to the 2.25 or what every it is at the turbo or was it 3".
Thats what I'm wondering I replaced the elbow because it was only 2.25" and it couldn't be much more then 3.25" on the very outsides I'll measure my old one tomorrow ;Sweet

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am assuming that you have the factory turbo? The down pipe flange is 2 1/4 (held on with a band clamp) check the banks pipe for this, if they are the same you are o.k. You will have to take a 2 inch pipe (thick wall) and bend the lip/seam, on the firewall down and back to install the 3 inch pipe. I made small cuts along the lip with a sawsall to help. You need at least a 1/4 + clearance.

Biggreen94

Reaction score
I hope the Banks DP works. Who else makes a DP for our trucks? I did a search on here for DP, and there wasn't much to go on. :confused:

Last edited:

Biggreen94

Reaction score
Ok I called Banks directly. They said the 3 inch downpipe bolts right up. I asked him for sure that it was for the IDI engine and he said yes. I asked the price for just the DP and he said $95 ;Sweet $104 shipped to my door. I guess if it doesn't fit ,I'll send it back. The guys name at Banks I talked to is Maury-1-800-438-7693 Ext.4136 Very helpful guy.

ajd257

Reaction score
Yeah, I talked to a tech at banks as well. same story, he said it would work with no problems, sure hope he was right. I wanted to put mine on this past weekend and time didnt allow for it. The DP you ordered is definatly for the IDI. I already got mine and its the right thing, just hope everything works out. What are you doing for the rest of your exhaust after you put the new DP on?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online