Is my DP gonna work???

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
The Banks should work without modifying the turbo. The ATS requires the outlet housing and/or elbow to fit the larger flange on their 3" DP. ATS doesn't have a DP to bolt up to the factory set up that I'm aware of. It would be best to do the whole upgrade but the Banks DP will definately help. I think I'll wait and get my dad's '02 PSD exhaust, at least his DP and modify it for free and then save up for the ATS upgrade down the road. One step at a time. ;Sweet

Biggreen94

Reaction score
After the DP I'm going with a straight 4inch with the rear section for a 99 up 250. I got the rear section from Napa for $50. I got the idea from on here, but I can't find the thread about it now.

ajd257

Reaction score
Good deal! we will pretty much have the same set up. I bought a kit for the rest of the pipe but its 4" straight through like yours will be. Hope your truck sounds good for ya :D

94_7.3turbo

diesel power
Reaction score
i got the full banks stinger exhaust system from the dp all the way back, it was spendy but worth it, sounds good to u can really hear the turbo whistle in it

deanj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ATS makes the down pipe housing, this is the true 3 inch. Thet also make the full 3 inch exhaust with a straight thru muffler.

Biggreen94

Reaction score
I got the Banks DP today. What a rip off!! :mad: I paid $100 for a 2 foot piece of pipe with a couple of small bends. A friend of mine at the exhaust shop told me he could make the same thing for about $15!!! I guess you live and learn :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmustang1965

Members online