LuLuBelle is possessed!!!

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Boys and girls I said I would drive it like I stole it. Well, I took LuLuBelle out for a drive last night and she started making this God awful sound like there was gravel in the gear box. It happened mostly when I let off the accelerator. The sound disappeared when I coasted in neutral or applied the clutch. Either she is possessed , the gear oil is low( checked it last week, its not) or my little ray of sunshine is gonna need a new gearbox. The side plate comes off later this week to check for any damaged parts. Anybody want to place bets as to what the problem is??? Clutch? gearbox? rear differential? center bearing, or ..............she is just plain possessed.? TIA

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious about what @Nero is curious about. My dually makes a bunch of racket because of the single mass flywheel I have.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have single mass and I really don’t know what the deal is with the noise. Although my truck has no muffler so it might be masking the sound. And my hearing is crap.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
When I was in Arizona my truck originally had a dual mass flywheel. When it started to go it made a heck of a loud racket, but stopped when I pushed the clutch in and tapped the throttle. Converting it to a solid mass flywheel now I just have gear rollover noise at low speeds. Doesn't bother me none. When dual mass flywheels unload, they'll definitely ruin your week.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If she is possessed with Demons, we all need to fly down to Texas, lay our hands on LuLuBell, and Pray to send the Demons into a heard of Pigs. And send them into the Rio Grand to drown and cleans her of the Demons.

Goat

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If she is possessed with Demons, we all need to fly down to Texas, lay our hands on LuLuBell, and Pray to send the Demons into a heard of Pigs. And send them into the Rio Grand to drown and cleans her of the Demons.

Goat
He might prefer that we lay hands on some wrenches to cast his particular demons out. The problem is, if @ttman4 cought wind of us working on @mexicanjoe s truck he would quit being our friend since I haven't heard about anyone going to fix his broken stuff yet.

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We will find out next week! Due to my 3 jobs, I only have a few hours a week to dedicate to the exorcism of LuLuBelle. I found out Im the 3rd owner. and it what I figure is true, LuLuBelle still has the original clutch. So, I think that I will drain the fluid, check for parts and pieces of gear and debris. There is a "You Pull" salvage yard nearby, so If the gearbox is toast I might find a replacement.
If that doesnt work out then I guess Ill go find a clutch set. If LuLuBelle is indeed a dual mass clutch : Can the brethren recommend a clutch set that is single mass? TIA

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Luk makes a good kit.
I guess the release bearing in the kit as of late is sub par, so get a different one while it's appart.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Luk makes a good kit.
I guess the release bearing in the kit as of late is sub par, so get a different one while it's appart.
I'll second the Luk kit. I've had good luck with mine. I've seen it said that both the throw out and pilot bearings are sub par. Just replace them with some Timkens and you'll be fine.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll second the Luk kit. I've had good luck with mine. I've seen it said that both the throw out and pilot bearings are sub par. Just replace them with some Timkens and you'll be fine.
An exact second on this!

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
I used a LUK kit in mine, bought in 2014 and maybe 20k miles on it so far. No issues yet knock on wood.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm running the LUK kit in 3 trucks... haven't had issues with the pilot but the TOB is junk. Otherwise, pleased with the performance.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I've been using mine since 2006. I've used the same one (including the bearings) in three different vehicles. I'm pretty easy clutches though. Edit for the stupid program that only understands some words and no context.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online