Injectors turbo vs nonturbo

85fordidi

Reaction score
Looking to order some injectors is there a difference between the injectors that are listed turbo and NA and if so can some one please explain cause most of the vids I've seen ppl are not upgrading there injectors when they add a turbo

hacked89

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unless you are going big with the fuel and turbo you don’t really need to upgrade the injectors. There’s all different codes for different make/model/configs with slight differences. Such as pop pressure for example. IE A, AA,B,BB,E, and G. What you do want is a set from a reputable vendor that you know they are flow and pop matched.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
The codes that are stamped on the injectors mean absolutely nothing these days. They are like the pumps and have been rebuilt (probably more than once) and are set to the manufacturer's specs. Just ignore the stamped codes. If you want to find a good, reputable dealer, just look at the stickies. The Hall Of Shame thread will tell you which ones to NOT buy from.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want injectors from me order them and get in line they do not show out of stock I just build them to order because I cannot keep them on the shelf.
It'***** or miss with accurate diesel but after looking at his shop on our road trip I wouldn't send anything there.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking to order some injectors is there a difference between the injectors that are listed turbo and NA and if so can some one please explain cause most of the vids I've seen ppl are not upgrading there injectors when they add a turbo
Also there's no need to upgrade injectors you just need a good operating set when you install a turbo. The injectors only move the amount of fuel that the pump is calibrated to put out.
That said the BB code tips that I am using are very good so-called upgrade over the factory ones. They are just a tiny bit bigger with a different shaped pintle for a different pattern

FrozenMerc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just food for thought. Remember that these old mechanical diesels have very simple injectors and very complex pumps. This is a 180 deg opposite methodology from the modern diesels that have very simple pumps (although with a very high pressure capability to charge the common rail), but very complex injectors that control timing and fuel metering. Timing and fuel metering on our old mechanicals was controlled by the pump. All this is to say that there is much more room for error and tolerance with the injectors in a mechanical diesel than with a modern common rail setup.