Injector Tester...

reklund

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look what I found buried in the back room at work. Manufacture date says early 1980's. Looks like it's never been used once I wiped it off. I work at a Toyota dealership, and we haven't had a diesel in a LONG time.

Looks like an IDI injector will thread right on without adaptors. What's it worth?

Ryan

Attachments

• Tools 003.jpg
    Tools 003.jpg
    582.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Tools 004.jpg
    Tools 004.jpg
    966.7 KB · Views: 26

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That old piece of junk isn't worth anything, so send it to me and I'll give you $20 plus shipping:sly

New, it would probably run over $1000. Used in that condition I would guess maybe $500?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Nope.. Its not worth a tinkers darn... The color is all wrong for it to work on an idi.....:D Actually the above posting is close to the real worth but... Thats not what most would pay for it. On ebay it would sell for around $250.00 to $300.00. Maybe a little more but you need to know its going to fit your needs too without trying to find and buy adapters... Nice find... Are you keeping it or selling it......:dunno

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We'll keep you in mind then.... you shared it so maybe you're willing to pop test injs once you're sure it works?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably will want to empty it and replace the calibration fluid that is in it. Not sure what age and time will do to that stuff, plus there may be moisture in it.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should pop test your old DPS injectos with it. That will make you want to :puke:. I that's what I felt when we popped mine at the Rally.:D

That's a great find Ryan. Wish I had one myself.;Sweet

Heath