in need of fuel Injector lines

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Glad this is all worked out now. BTW I recognise the amber hance message for some reason...:dunno:angel:

franklin2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a picture of the 6.9 injection line routing and clamp placement. I think the 7.3 is similar.
You must be registered for see images attach

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
Now I just need to find the clamps...could be worse i guess. Anyone have these clamps they would sale? If not I will try to make something similar.

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
I have used ones, can't remember if there was a difference between the 7.3 and 6.9 for the #1 inj with the timing insert or not but I could look when I'm dirty again tomorrow, I should have both.

Let me know if you can't find any, I normally never ship anything.

If I have a paypal purchase account, does that mean you can pay me through it or do I have to do something else.:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Please don't run your engine with a new set of injector lines and no clamps. Thats a sure way to ruin a differant set of lines. Call around but get them and install them as the picture shows. MWFI has them as does Diesel Logic. They are cheap insureance for what they do. Many years ago I broke the number 2 line because I left off the clamp after some return line work I did. So I took the rig to Ford... Big costly mistake. One line was 80 bucks and nearly 300 bucks in labor to install it. This is why I never go to the dealer for anything. It was costly but I learned something. About 6 months ago Diesel Logic was selling complete new sets with the clamps assembled on ebay for $99.00 and free shipping...:eek: I bought a set. Then the price went way up and they started chargeing to assemble them and a shipping fee was addded. Another just in time buy for that just in time need....:angel:

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
I have used ones, can't remember if there was a difference between the 7.3 and 6.9 for the #1 inj with the timing insert or not but I could look when I'm dirty again tomorrow, I should have both.

Let me know if you can't find any, I normally never ship anything.

If I have a paypal purchase account, does that mean you can pay me through it or do I have to do something else.:dunno

Yes I can pay you through your paypal account. Do you have just the clamps?

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
Please don't run your engine with a new set of injector lines and no clamps. Thats a sure way to ruin a differant set of lines. Call around but get them and install them as the picture shows. MWFI has them as does Diesel Logic.

Thanks for the input I agree I learned the hard was as well. I am working on tracking some used ones now but if not I will try to find some new.
Thanks again,
Tim

Last edited:

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
I've got at least two full sets of lines and some spares and at least a couple sets of clamps with the rubber deals.

How much do you want for a set of clamps? How much for a set of lines with the clamps? I already got the lines from Cincinnati Guy but might buy a spare set if the price is right plus I need the clamps. If you had just number 2 and number 4 as well as the clamps that would be nice. I could fix what I have and use the complete set for a spare. If you have them in your spares i wouldnt ask you to split up a full set.
Thanks,
Tim

Last edited:

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
How much do you want for a set of clamps? How much for a set of lines with the clamps? I already got the lines from Cincinnati Guy but might buy a spare set if the price is right plus I need the clamps. If you had just number 2 and number 4 as well as the clamps that would be nice. I could fix what I have and use the complete set for a spare. If you have them in your spares i wouldnt ask you to split up a full set.
Thanks,
Tim

Yeah, that makes sense. I got running all day and I'm cleaned up. Let me check in the morning what my spares are, I'm sure one is to #1, the other couple I just grabbed to make a pop tester some day so who knows. I'll send you a PM. I've got enough lines right now I could treat you good on a whole set with clamps so we'll see.;Sweet

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
Low and behold I am seeing a difference in the sets I have.

One has a 2-line clamp on it for the rear drivers side. That setup came off a truck with an aftermarket ATS, maybe that's why.:dunno

Thought I'd see if you think your setup is just like the diagram below.

tham

1994 F250 IDI Turbo
Reaction score
My son put the Ip on for me when it went bad and he said it had one 4 pos clamp on each side and a 2 pos on the rear of the drivers side. Of course he has no idea where they are. He is only 18 but really good working on these type of things and normally puts it back together the same way it came apart. He did not want to take things back apart to put them on. Mine looks like that but no cold air intake (it is on my list).
Tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online