I'm an idiot......gotta vent!

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I leave work to get some food tonight (it's dark), get my food, jump in the truck, check behind me and back out........crunch! I crunched my passenger-side dually fender on a parked small black Mercedes, I didn't even see it! I'm so pissed, that's the first time I've hurt my truck. So after exchanging insurance info, I get back to work and eat my cold food. I then go out to re-assess my damage and notice fluid running out from under my truck, I'm like #$%! My waterpump seep hole is dripping coolant.

So I'm off to Napa in the morning for a water pump. Anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced dually fender? -cuss

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't feel bad.
everytime I take my rig int SF or Oakland, the pass side dually fender gets to have a parking meter for lunch. I have so many left side fenders with no right side mates, I've started trimming the lower part of the left fender to fit up on the right side. looks goofy, but I'll keep doing that until I pare down the amount of left fenders in my posession.:eek:cookoo

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
First dings are always the most painful.

Some years ago I worked with a guy. He was a Jordanian by birth and fit all the mid eastern steryotypes--full of passion. Wouldn't hurt a flea, very kind and compassionate, but still a passionate guy.

He bought a new extended cab F series, XLT Lariat, with ALL the bells, whistles and trim, a really beautiful truck. We had a job in the middle of DC, Treasury Bldg, I think. For those who have never had the joy of driving in DC, its is "different", but the parking is worse. He found a lot that claimed to have a space avaiable, but it was at the far end of a VERY narrow aisle with 4" pipe bollards every couple of feet. Well there was no space, and as be backed all the way down that aisle ( no room to turn around) he nicked the chrome lip on the right rear wheel arch. Just scrathced it; no body, or paint damage.
Well he went into a rant and rage that was most entertaining; called himself names I never heard before, or since. It lasted about 10 minutes. I enjoyed it, but stayed away until he cooled down--just in case.
Yes, first dings always hurt the most.

pafixitman

Reaction score
The day I was headed to Moose valley for the very first time Steph wanted to stop by Wal Mart. "Why are you parking all the way out here?" was her comment. So, me being the dummy agreed to take the truck to a closer space. Caught the pass hip on the tail light of a Dakota p/up with a temp tag! Left a note, but never heard from them. BTW that was almost 4 years ago and I still have the mark on the fender!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a Motorcraft water pump. Really. They are worth the extra money.

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score

Very true, Mel. The PO of my truck put a Motorcraft pump on when he had the engine rebuilt and bought a Autozone pump for a spare, that was about 160,000 miles ago and the Autozone pump is still in the original box....

Apparently the Motorcraft pump is top notch!

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
I'm glad my fenders are aluminum. Whack em on a tree and just take a hammer to them :D They may look like lasagna , but they keep it legal and keep the mud out of the bed. One of these days, I'll rig a fresh set on there.

DragRag

Reaction score
don't feel bad.
everytime I take my rig int SF or Oakland, the pass side dually fender gets to have a parking meter for lunch. I have so many left side fenders with no right side mates, I've started trimming the lower part of the left fender to fit up on the right side. looks goofy, but I'll keep doing that until I pare down the amount of left fenders in my posession.:eek:cookoo

There is an upside to this, you can now install four fuel tanks with all those fuel doors in place. :rotflmao ;Really :sly

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Last time I was at towcats place we went driving around for food stuffs. One has to eat. In a parking lot I noticed the "extra" fuell doors on the right fender... Thought he had modified the tanks like the chevy trucks can do so you can fill both tanks from either side of the rig... Nope... That was a trimmed left fenfer on the right side of the truck....:sly Someone is always thinking I guess...:D Thats kinda why these trucks are still on the road... You just can't stop them...

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
The day I was headed to Moose valley for the very first time Steph wanted to stop by Wal Mart. "Why are you parking all the way out here?" was her comment. So, me being the dummy agreed to take the truck to a closer space. Caught the pass hip on the tail light of a Dakota p/up with a temp tag! Left a note, but never heard from them. BTW that was almost 4 years ago and I still have the mark on the fender!

I always park as far away as possible, the closer to the front door you get the less brain power people have! One night I was headed to the grocery store I got stuck behind someone waiting for a space, by the time I snuck around him, parked, and walked all the way back to the store and in the front door he was just pulling into his newly open space cookoo

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Never though of that cause i'm too cheap. What do they go for, and are they that much better? last longer? I just put in a Napa unit tonight. It was free because it has a lifetime warranty. The one I replaced I bought in 05 (maybe I just answered my own question!:rolleyes:)

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
Never though of that cause i'm too cheap. What do they go for, and are they that much better? last longer? I just put in a Napa unit tonight. It was free because it has a lifetime warranty. The one I replaced I bought in 05 (maybe I just answered my own question!:rolleyes:)

depends, did you replace the original water pump when you did it?

SparkandFire

We're drinking beer
Reaction score

Mine's lasted a long time (see above post)

I don't know why, could be the continuous flow of lube oil drizzling down from the IP gear cover leak above that keeps things moving... :sly