IDI Weekend Convoy's

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel the 1st works for me even better it will give me some time to pack up and sleep before pulling out.

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to be heading North from KY in the early am hours of the 1st. Not sure of my route yet. May going north through Indiana the cut West to Ill.:dunno But, I'm afraid I'm the only guy south of the Ohio River coming this year. I may be a convoy of 1.:(

Heath

I would like to go, but I can't plan anything that far ahead.

You will probably head straight up I-57, or will you go US-41 ??

My house to Chicago Union yards is 435 miles via Louisville and up I-65; a little farther to first go West and then I-64 to I-57.

300 mile from Kennedy Bridge to Chicago.

Garden Prairie appears to be about ten miles East of I-39 at Rockford, so going through Chicago may not really be the best route.

I am thinking instead to mostly 2-lane North and West across Illinois; the roads are straight as a string and level as a pool-table anyway. ;Really

Last edited:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
We will firm up a time as it gets closer, may be hook up with the Dog Catcher and Little Doggie, They can chase each other. :D

:rotflmao Niiiice!

But I'll be on vacation by then so no dog chasin for me.;Really

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like to go, but I can't plan anything that far ahead.

You will probably head straight up I-57, or will you go US-41 ??

My house to Chicago Union yards is 435 miles via Louisville and up I-65; a little farther to first go West and then I-64 to I-57.

300 mile from Kennedy Bridge to Chicago.

Garden Prairie appears to be about ten miles East of I-39 at Rockford, so going through Chicago may not really be the best route.

I am thinking instead to mostly 2-lane North and West across Illinois; the roads are straight as a string and level as a pool-table anyway. ;Really

I'll likely go up on US-41 then over on US-74. 8+ hours total it looks like. May leave in the PM of the 30th and stay the night somewhere in the middle.:dunno

Heath

1994IDI

Reaction score
I will not make it to the rally, but I want everyone to know I'm in the St. Louis area in case they would need anything. However, I may be in Southern Indiana for part of the July 4th weekend. Heath, you will be heading right through my old neck of the woods if you go north on 41.
812-890-2082

Last edited:

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
pulled from the rally thread for everyone

Just an FYI if your coming in from the east on 80/94, or up from the south on 65 and merging into 80/94, to avoid having to drive through Chicago stay on 80 west, past the 94 N split, past the 294 N split, past the 57 N split.( my gps kept trying to re-route me to these roads to get me home) they recently completed the 355 extension all the way down to 80. if you run it north it will skirt you around downtown and drop you off on 90. depending on the time of day it could shave several hours off your travel times

hope it helps in planning

Brutis

Work in Progress
Reaction score
Anybody coming from Wisconsin? I'll be coming down 41 or 43. Haven't decided what day, but It would be cool to travel with some other oilburners.

Al_E

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of heading down there for a day. I live in Waupun, About 60Mi south of Appleton

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
I was thinking of heading down there for a day. I live in Waupun, About 60Mi south of Appleton

Sweet, You gotta bring that rig down! That would be a first at any IDI Rally, an IDI powered Chevy!

We did have a 6.2 Chevy powered Ford at the Rally in 04,..It was "Miss Diesel", a "T" Bucket Roadster!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
X2! Chevy or not it would be more than welcome. That is one cool rig.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle