IDI Weekend Convoy's

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
IMPORTANT FYI TO ALL RALLY ATTENDEES

This was passed on to my by my Dad (Who lives in Illinois) please be mindful of this on your travels to and from the Rally!!

Illinois will begin using photo radar in freeway work zones in July. One mile per hour over the speed limit and the machine will get you a nice$375.00 ticket in the mail. Beginning July 1st, the State of Illinois will begin using the speed cameras in areas designated as "Work Zones" on major freeways. Anyone caught by these devices will be mailed a $375.00 ticket for the FIRST offense. The SECOND offense will cost $1000.00 and comes with a 90-Day suspension. Drivers will also receive demerit points against their license, which allow insurance companies to raise Insurance rates.

This is the harshest penalty structure ever set for a governmental unit involving PHOTO speed enforcement. The State already has two camera vans on line issuing tickets 24/7 in work zones with speed limits lowered to 45 MPH. Photos of both the Driver's face and License plate are taken. Pass this on to everyone you know who might be affected!!!

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/illinois.asp TRUE

Just wanted everyone to know. A $375 speeding ticket would really spoil a fun trip!!!

160k87F250

not rocket science
Reaction score
That looks like a good route. I think I'll take that. Hope to leave Wed morn so I hope to get past Bedford. I'm thinking of stopping at a rest area or truck stop in Ohio, sleep fo a little bit and finish the trip on Thursday.

John

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John, I'll give you a call when we get to Bedford to find out where you ended up. If you sleep in, we might catch up to you. LOL

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I do Mel,

I-74 and I-65/70 do not meet and I think it trys to hely you avoid "delays" downtown. I would stay on I-70 to downtown and the take I-65 North from downtown, Exit 83 and take that North to Lebanon it Indiana 32, Exit 140... that is the exact thing that I do when I go to my Parents.

I would not go around the top right now, as there is some MAJOR construction where I-465 and I-69 meet on the Northeast side. Go thru downtown and it should be sooth sailing. During the week when you go thru you will pass about a mile from me at work.... I work for a major telecommunication provider....... it is hard to miss the big blue "globe" on front of the building.......

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also,

As much as I hate to, but we will not be coming this year. With the change in plans with Travis, and current budget constraints, we just can not afford to come up. We were planning on driving the car up for the weekend, and staying with Trav, which was well within the budget and plans. But to come up now I would have to being the Truck, camper and that is just not do-able this year. So maybe next year....... Very sad and dissapointed in having to cancel, just like Trav.....

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I do Mel,

I-74 and I-65/70 do not meet and I think it trys to hely you avoid "delays" downtown. I would stay on I-70 to downtown and the take I-65 North from downtown, Exit 83 and take that North to Lebanon it Indiana 32, Exit 140... that is the exact thing that I do when I go to my Parents.

I would not go around the top right now, as there is some MAJOR construction where I-465 and I-69 meet on the Northeast side. Go thru downtown and it should be sooth sailing. During the week when you go thru you will pass about a mile from me at work.... I work for a major telecommunication provider....... it is hard to miss the big blue "globe" on front of the building.......

Thanks for the tip Scott, and very sorry to hear you won't make it. I also tried using Bing, and it did it better.

Our Route

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yep that is the exact route that I would take.

We were looking forward to making it, and trying to do it on a budget. Plans change, and there is always next year..... I hope to be in a positon to bring my truck and camper and have some play money while we are there. Just starting to dig out from the budget crunch that everyone has felt the last couple of years.... so next year we will hopefully be setting a bit better.......

1994IDI

Reaction score
Holy hell, Mel. I hope you have a safe trip. It looks as though there will be many beer bottles coming off the wall over the course of your 13 + hours.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah. It's gonna be the farthest we have ever gone. :rolleyes: Somewhere along the way I told myself I would "go as far as the Mississippi". Well, I think we are testing that belief.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
The ole miss shouldn't be a barrier to fear... it should be one that should be overcome.....

remember danielson wax on wax off...

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was passed on to my by my Dad (Who lives in Illinois) please be mindful of this on your travels to and from the Rally!!

Just wanted everyone to know. A $375 speeding ticket would really spoil a fun trip!!!

Having had to work in construction zones many times myself with idiots whizzing through at break-neck speeds, that is one move that I approve of and would like to see implemented more often.

Many times each day, I have witnessed one of the flag-girls having to jump for her life and narrowly escape getting hit. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle