IDI Weekend Convoy's

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Well the decision has been made that I will be running from Greenfield to Garden Prairie via I65. because that way I'm not pulling the camper as far and with it's tire issues the less mileage they see the better.... So I'll just have to run home and pick up the Shermanator first. I will be leaving basically via Mel's route on Thursday at some point. So I guess I will hook up with the Agne fleet and sneak in the middle with them for a little ways.

Mel what time will you be coming through INDY on thursday? From Indy we are a smidgen over 7 hours (towing speed time wise) from Garden Prairie...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are planning on pulling into Garden Prarie around 6pm, so you can extrapolate backwards. LOL I guess that would be around 11:00am Indy time. Guess that means we will miss lunchtime traffic. ;Sweet

Hmm... come to think of it, my motor will be the closest to its birthplace that it has ever been. Neato.

I guess we can call each other and meet on the beltway or something, or you just drive slower and we will catch up to you.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel,

I drop you my phone (cell) number....

At exit 96 (mount comfort road) on I70 there is a pilot truck stop on the northside of I70 if you want we can meet up there - my campground is only about 10 mins from there. So give me a call when you are getting close and I will meet ya up there...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I got your number. What are you driving these days?

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
It's a secret that you will be let in on early only because you are going to see me before the offical start of the rally.... you'll know it's me when you roll into the truck stop.... only because I have your mate to a camper....

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Mel....

You do realize that we will be in Chicago rush hour traffic..... Just talking with Scott and he suggusted a different route... he will post it here in a couple mins....

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Ok Trav and Mel.....

Here is the route that I am going to take..... which Trav is about 3 miles from my house, and Mel you will be going right thru Greenfield, which is where you are Trav are going to meet up.

I am going to take I-70 West, thru downtown and then onto I-65 downtown. Take I-65 North exit 140 Indiana 32 west to Crawfordsville. Catch I-74 west into Illinois. My parents live by Danville,ILL which is where you enter ILL, so I am going to stop there and spend the evening Friday with them.... but I will come back up to I-74 and take it west to Bloomington, ILL and take I-39 north out of Bloomington, ILL to I-80 in Rockford, at that time you are only about 15 miles back to Garden Prarie.... I know for a fact, that taking this route, even thought it is a bit longer, it will take less time because you will completely avoid Chicago (which is the main reason I am going that way, and I lived in Chicago at one time). It will also be a much less stressful drive because there is less traffic, and the main users of that route are semi-trucks and they are not running all that fast either..... I think it will be a much more pleasant drive...... because in Chicagoland... you guys will get RUN OVER!!!!!!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK! I like that route. ;Sweet Makes sense to me. We will go that way then. I didn't realize the route I suggested was THAT close to Chicago.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Mel, your route does not go CLOSE to Chicago. That route goes THROUGH Chicago. I know several people that have taken I-39 and they have said there is very little traffic on I-39. Also, once you leave Indy taking that route, you do not pass-thru any large cities. I know between Indy and the Illinois state line there are no cities that you pass through. In ILL Danville and Champaign/Urbana are just "pass thru" and I would not wxpect any traffic till you get to Rockford.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
This will be my route from home, my stop-over at my parents house, and then to the rally. We will be leaving on Friday evening after I get home from work, and spending the night at my Parents. Leave early Saturday Morning and come up to the rally.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Staff online