IDI Race Engine

iowaSVT

Reaction score
Lol i just wanted to post the video, insane for being a 12v. When i first saw it i thought it had to be a v-8 configured engine.

firehawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would stick with a gas motor. If cost was no object: turbo aluminum block with some trick heads.

idiabuse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The IDI will be made to make decent power with boost. After all it was done over 30 years ago.

As long as we have those who are interrested in spending the coin to find a good way to increase HP reliably then we will see more support for the performance path. Rember just 5 years ago you could not find studs to purchase and now you do.
Lets not even talk about injection pumps.

I feel that with alot of advancements in motorsports the IDI can and will become more of a solution to those who want reliable diesel engine that dont need no stinking computers to keep healthy.

Javier

Greg5OH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^holee shet cnat believe he actually hung onto that (left lane)

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Now thats some hp and torque. Yeah... He was lucky to hold on to that run thats for sure...

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know John, I'd like to see that mustang with a mechanical p-pump PSD under the hood rather than a D-max. LOL

It's kinda like putting a SBC in a Ford roadster...... something about it just seems off.

Heath