not too late to add another set of doors! :D
looking good!
keep chippin away!

im gonna catch alot of shat on my next bronco build,
oah well cookoo

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
More done today. Got the rest of the holes drilled and the other frame chunk cut out. Ground down all the sharp pokey stuff cause I know it will be me that eventually slices myself on them.

You must be registered for see images attach

I threw some paint at it after this pic.

Got everything bolted in. Will need to revisit the whole spacer thing, or get better washers. This is with pretty much the weight of the front clip and a bare cab so I am going to probably see some spring flex and that shackle angle should change. At least I hope. If not, I will deal with it then!

Next up is clean up then paint/install the shock towers. One less thing laying on the ground.

Continue pulling the stuff I need off the black truck and make it go away.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I got a little more done over the weekend. Put the front bumper back on, took the driver side mirror off the black truck and put that on the bronco. Also got my first lead of scrap all loaded up.

Considering painting these mirrors (the back of them, not the actual mirror!) and the brackets for them black. Thoughts?

Got the old Canopy cut up and hauled that off to the dump.

Bronco keeps getting bigger.. black truck keeps shrinking..

Averysm09

Reaction score
I have a 93 F250 7.3 IDI with a solid front, and a 92 Bronco......man would that 7.3 be sweet in the BKO. You're motivating me sir, don't know if that's such a good thing or not haha

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this weekend I managed t find a different set of tires and rims..

37x13.5r20's and rims for $400.

They fit the truck a wee bit betterer than those bald 33's..

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have some more updates! The Bronco has seen the road! Well not under its own power just yet.. But it moved!

Loaded up the bronco and all the donor floor parts and headed over to my buddy's place where the great rot replacement is finally underway.

Here is a size comparison, just for fun. We have my PSD, buddy's stock bronco2, and my Bronco. Yes we were using his bronco as the winch, this is what you do when you have no winch. We have moved lots of stuff over the years, the bronco barely fit on the trailer, only about 1/4 inch on either outside front tire for play room. This one took longer than we expected to load up.

And here is the first piece cut out. It was the worst of the back area.

We should have the rest of the dash out early tomorrow and more cut cut weld going on.

Thanks for looking!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its been a while since this has been updated but I am still at it.. I just needed to get the beast into a better "shop".

Truck still seems friggin massive and its only 14 inches taller than stock.. with 37's and room for at least 40's!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this is what happens when a project sits for a while and things need to hide from about 2 months of winter! LOL

I have finally had a chance to get back to it and the grinding has begun! More patches to be done of course!

pelky350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much work is it to convert a bronco to have a idi in it and 1 ton axles? I have a crew cab 88 f350 right now Good engine tranny running gear with not so good body interior, and a 87 bronco Clean inside and out but engine, tranny and running gear not so good these days. Bronco was my first vehicle saw a lot of mud, snow, gravel and sand lol but more attached to bronco than truck have considered the options of turning these two trucks into one!

compressionignitionrules

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much work is it to convert a bronco to have a idi in it and 1 ton axles? I have a crew cab 88 f350 right now Good engine tranny running gear with not so good body interior, and a 87 bronco Clean inside and out but engine, tranny and running gear not so good these days. Bronco was my first vehicle saw a lot of mud, snow, gravel and sand lol but more attached to bronco than truck have considered the options of turning these two trucks into one!

Idi bolts into the bronco. try the 1/2 ton axles and see how you liek them. I put a 6.9 C6 into my 88 EB bronco and it worked well, nice balanced feel when the bronco always felt rear end heavy. the 1 ton axle swap could be doen later , or if you want a road bronc with diesle pulling, can do an 8bolt front brake swap with soem hybrid/GM parts, and put your 10.25 rear in it.

diesel bronc works well 1 ton or 1/2 ton axles. :cheers:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sounds like a 4 dr bronco to me.
http://www.oilburners.net/threads/centurion-bronco-build.74223/

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For 1 ton axles, the rear axle (and suspension if you want) will bolt right in. The front axle will vary depending on what you are putting in but in my case I ended up doing a leaf spring conversion which really isn't all that hard to do, the factory suspension system can be moved over to the bronco, or you can do some fabrication work like Idiot did and move the shackles to the back of the spring for a smoother ride.

Like was said already the IDI engine itself will bolt right into the bronco once the motor mounts are changed over etc. I will be getting to that point "soon" and will have pics in this thread for reference if you like.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online