I'am really getting sick at the price of diesel

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
$2.44/gallon in Monterey this morning. And the car takes super unleaded at $2.38/gallon.

Sheezus. I'll be riding the bicycle to school soon... The heck with the towelheads... I'll keep my $$ in my pocket.

I think we're looking at a new era in transportation... eventually folks are going to get upset enough to start taking public transportation to work en masse... or ride the bike, walk, carpool, whatever.

Prices are only going to rise during the summer...

Last edited:

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Rubber Fish, Wilson Creek hasn't changed much except for there is Cambodian Tire there now. You drive a little further South then you get in Creeker ville and the tye dye shirts and sandles along with the easy going life style LOL

I remember when the Queen of Scurrey caught fire not a good day for people. Thats the Provincial gov't for ya not spending any money on our Ferries instead the dumb NDP builds those Fast Cats that sold for less than scrap price :rolleyes:

Anyhoo if the price of diesel keeps up I may have to invest in some black clothes a 5' chunk of 3/8s hose and a 5 gallon Jerry can LOL

Its just frustrating that we are getting raked over the coals on fuel prices for what reason ?

If I was still hauling with my truck the rate would go up to atleast 45 per hour maybe 50 from the 40 I charge now.

As for running pink fuel the DOT here isn't that heavy on it ya its illegal but I think the Police/RCMP/DOT know that the contractors etc are trying to scratch out a living. They also know tax dollars pay their wages if there is no tax money there is no jobs for the gov't paid employees.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Milk could br $5.00 a gal and it wouldn't bother me WHY...I ain't buying some 40 gal at once!

Mikes91

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by HammerDown
Milk could br $5.00 a gal and it wouldn't bother me WHY...I ain't buying some 40 gal at once!

Milk at the Class 6 is $4.50 a gallon in Monterey.

$2.69 a gallon at the commissary.

Gotta love convenience stores. Good gasoline prices, only to gouge the customer on milk... :shoot:

Needless to say, we don't shop at the Class 6 anymore... apparently the company that manages the stores doesn't care about military folks enough to offer competitive prices. :mad:

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Mikes91
I think we're looking at a new era in transportation... eventually folks are going to get upset enough to start taking public transportation to work en masse... or ride the bike, walk, carpool, whatever.
Fair bet you're right. I'm still hoping for a biodiesel revolution, though...renewable fuel sources are NOT a bad thing, ESPECIALLY when it means less $$ going to the Middle East :cool...

troutwest66

Ricer-Roni The IDI Treat
Reaction score
So where's the "Willie Diesel?" I don't mind running bio fuel if it won't hurt my truck. The Flying-J in Post Falls is at $2.559 and a Holiday in Coeur d'Alene is $249.9. I read something off MSN about refineries trying to keep up with gasoline production which makes diesel in shorter supply?? With all the diesel engines used for trucking, private use, trains and ships, etc., I can't see why more diesel isn't being made. More and more diesel powered vehicles are made all the time and put into use. I wonder if the retailers know there are mostly diesel pickups sold today and they are just gouging us because they know they got us by the short and curlies?!:fight:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
LOL :joker: :rotflmao :rotflmao

Ouch that hurts!
$2.09/ gal here in Hickerbillyville. and watching it climb.:popcorn :bs

Last edited:

Roland_Jenkins

Señor Member
Reaction score
It was $2.68 a gallon last week. Haven't been to town lately. neighbor says somebody has been stealing fuel out of his pickup. He fills it every Friday. I told him I would keep an eye out for anybody acting suspicious.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

LUCKY_LARUE60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel is anywhere from $2.17 to $2.32 around here. With my dump truck I burn from 30 to 50 gal a day. I just raised my gravel haul rate from $5.50 a ton to $6.50 and people are screaming. One contractor that I do hourly work for as me if I could drop to $45 per hr from $50, as he is locked in on his hourly rate to dig basements. Don't know what his hourly rate is but the hauling comes out of his digging rate. Told him the lowest I could do is $47.50 and that is putting me in a bind. ***, I have to make a living too. .................. Jim

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Well prices aren't gonna get any cheaper any time soon. They're saying prices might go up to 80 bucks a barrel soon, right now it's 50 bucks a barrel. We're looking at perhaps a dollar increase. WVO looks better and better.

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
My wife buys the milk, but I know diesel prices from Maryland to NC. $2.26 - $2.40 in Baltimore, $2.02 - 2.28 in Virginia & $1.99 - 2.41 in the Tarheel. These prices are along the I95 & I85 corridors. I know its a little cheaper over on I81, but I don't ever get over there. Last fill up in Bracey, VA was 180.223 gallons for $368.00. I do that 4-5 times a week:mad: .

Scott

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
I went out for dinner last night its a 44km 27.3 mile round trip to the restaurant I went to. I figured I burned about 8.14 in fuel so it was a expensive night after I paid for my dinner at 24 dollars plus 4 dollar tip. It was 36 dollars to go have something to eat last night good thing I only do that once every 3 months :Q

If I made the same trip in with the 88 F-450 I had with 460 gas power it would have cost me 8.19 at todays fuel price.

If the price of diesel gets any higher it maybe time to look for a gasser truck. A 460 has more power than a 7.3 N/A and its about as cheap to maintain. I already drive my 7.3 like I have a egg under the throttle I rarely get the speed above 80km/h (49mph)

People that are buying brand new diesel trucks will never pay for themselves in fuel mileage at todays prices.

jdkline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think diesel will be cheaper and gas will be more expensive in the summer, just like last year, around here I've seen diesel anywhere from 2.259- 2.429, its a bit cheaper at teh truck stops I think but I haven't been that way in awhile. BHuit both gas and #2 will be over $2.00/gallon by a lot. I just filled up with about 8-10 gallons of homebrew biodiesel today, which was almost free except for my time as someone gave me the methanol for the reaction.