I thought there would be more

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought there would be more crap in my centrifuge when i took it apart to clean it. 40 gallons of wmo heated to 180 centrifuged for 3 hours with a 120 GPH fuge. WMO cooled off to about 170 in 3 hours. I had about 1/6 of an inch of sticky tar like crap i cleaned out. I was just expecting more.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just checking, did you mean a 1/16 instead of 1/6, because of 1/6 of an inch would be quite a bit.
I had the same thought a while back, almost thinking something was wrong with the CF, not much junk being caught.
But I think if the product (wmo) you start with is "cleaner" your finished product will be better.
If you can post some pics, be interesting to see what ya got.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes 1/16 of an inch. I need to clean it out again its has about 120 gallons and between 9 to 12 hours of run time on it now.

I also run it through a 400 micron and a 150 micron drum filter to get the big chunks out

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just based on wmoguys pics from his CF, yours sound ok. If your running it that long and only getting that much, to me thats good.
While back someone had some really thick stuff in their CF, almost like fudge.

Blind Driver2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just based on wmoguys pics from his CF, yours sound ok. If your running it that long and only getting that much, to me thats good.
While back someone had some really thick stuff in their CF, almost like fudge.

I get fudge every 100 gallons. Sometimes almost 1/4" every 200 gallons.

wmoguy

Reaction score
most of mine comes out w/ about a 1/8" of hard grit/grime on the rotor. every once in a while I blend a batch that gives me this nasty wheel bearing grease like substance that is a good 1/2-3/4" thick. Your amount sounds about normal with what I usually see. My main oil source is some super nasty oil though.

BTW, I don't heat my oil anymore, so there could be some difference there I suppose.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
thats about what i get on WMO about 1/16 build up in 30-40 gallons, the WVO i ran i was a little suspicous the fuge was not working i hardly got anything but i had prefiltered through some jeans and it was sitting for months.

there is not a ton of it but it is some nasty grit to get out of the rotor, brake clean and a scraper are your friends. it would not take much of this nasty stuff to clog a filter though.

on a side note on a whim my pressure washer cleaned my rotor right up with no scraping so i might start to do that. i just have to figure a decent way to hold it besides between my boots when i shoot it. it only took about 15 secounds max of water to get it all clean.

gearhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1/16" seems fairly normal for your flow rate.the oil just doesn't stay in the bowl long enough to do some serious cleaning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online