I replaced the starter today, thank you NAPA!

Bill-W

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck has been having intermittent starting issues for the past 6-9 months.:mad: I have been thinking it is a charging/cable/battery issue as every time I have called out AAA to jump me we cannot jump it on the box or using cables but when I convince them to swap in a new battery in position #1 it fires right up. We swap back out my old ones(only 6 month old Auto-Zone Yellow tops) and off I go. Of course they leave pissed because they did not sell me $300 of batteries.

Anyways I was thinking it was a cable end issue and was ready to replace the vehicle ends, I did the battery ends a couple of months ago, but they looked perfect with not corrosion or anything.

I decided to pull the starter and run to NAPA, it was a NAPA rebuild the PO put on it, to have it checked. To my surprise the power wire between the solenoid and the motor was severely corroded! :eek:

It tested fine although it sounded like it had a slow run-up to speed. The clerk decided to grab one of the shelf for comparison and it ran up much faster. Thinking Great now I have to buy a new starter he boxed up my old one and gave me the new one wishing my a happy fathers day! He said it was obviously a NAPA starter and he was going to stand by it. With that he printed up a sales slip and I ran out the door before he could change his mind(I had no sales slip and I did not buy it).
:peelout

I post this because we always hear the negative about a establishment and I wanted to share a good experience with you all.
:yell:
Of course I still think NAPA is over priced on a lot of their items although I am starting to think their customer service might be worth paying for.

A 3g upgrade and a swap to group 31 batteries is next after I get my free hydroboost working.
:thumbsup:

Fozz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep your slip. I use Napa a lot and bring my guys a case of beer every year (Xmas/New Years) as a thank you for putting up with me and all my Military discount stuff. I end up putting a starter in every 3-4 years, but they give me a free replacement every time. Keep your battery posts clean too, makes a big difference. Even if they look clean, pull, clean and reinstall the connectors.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
I am a very big napa man, i have a buddy that works at napa, they are pricey but when you got a buddy you get some discounts:sly but the parts are well worth price i think they are good stuff in my opinion;Sweet

cetanefreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
our company discount knocks the price right into the reasonable range, the trick is to have an account or find someone that will let you use their account.... or flirt with one of the older (50+) ladies working there, works for me every time.

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
our company discount knocks the price right into the reasonable range, the trick is to have an account or find someone that will let you use their account.... or flirt with one of the older (50+) ladies working there, works for me every time.

No ladys work here:puke::puke:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828