I need a Injection Pump guru

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been having intermittent issues but did the injection return lines, new rubber hoses, new fuel filter and replaced glowplugs while I was there. I've also been running 2stroke oil religiously since and haven't had any major issues other than her usual contrary crap but today I had my ole lady and boy with me and we went to eat. It started absolutely fine before we left the house, ate came back outside and it wouldn't hit a lick. I've got newer batteries and starter and the tach said about 150-200 rpms turning over. Cranked on it several intervals and nothing, disabled the GP'***** it with a snort of ether and nothing, checked power to FSS on the IP and it was good. But wouldn't hit a lick, I pushed it back into a spot and let it roll a touch town hill speedo said 5mph and popped clutch in 2nd and instant ignition. Is my solinoid sticking? I didn't see and smoke of any color while cranking. The only variable is I filled it up last night and didn't have any oil to add to it. I went to walmart and bought a couple quarts and poured in but when I opened the tank it hissed like it was under pressure or vacuum (is that normal?). It doing it to me is one thing but with the ole lady she'll scrap it while I'm sleeping.

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IP is about 45k old. I tried water trick last time at the advice of some other membrs and didn't really notice any difference, and figured since I hadn't done the repairs I listed earlier I'd go ahead and eliminate that as possible causes. I actually replaced the old IP cause of heat soak but this time feels different mostly cause last time it was consistent even in winter time and it never just flat failed to start like this one. I wouldn't think pull/roll starting would make that much difference if it was heat soak would it?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
It very well would.
By pull starting you'll be spinning it way faster than the starter ever could.

Have you tried confirming power to the IP when it won't start? Like actually hearing the click.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well where pre tell did the replacement IP come from?

Yes it couod be the onset of heat soak....

Or you just could be too slow rpm starting

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how long did you spend eating?
if it was 45 min or more, id say riot and jasper are smoking crack on the heat soak.
but im not known for my correctness....

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was probably at least 30-40mins, all you can eat ribs:sly, I ordered it thru a local shop it was a reman unit but not sure who did the rebuild. Hell 5mph in 2nd gear can't be much but I'm sure it's faster somewhat. Like I said the tach said 150-200ish ought to be plenty fast. Any other ways to verify?

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
without checking **** with a meter/infrared thermometer at the point of the problem,
every swingin ***** on the net will have a different story.

onebadiditurbo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got an infrared thermo but what difference is it gonna make knowing what the IP temp is, is ran so it's safe to assume it was engine temp, is there a temperature that's safe to rule heat soak out at?

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
if it was 45 min or more, id say riot and jasper are smoking crack on the heat soak.
I've heard long as 3 hours cool off time before starting on its own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

without checking **** with a meter/infrared thermometer at the point of the problem,
every swingin ***** on the net will have a different story.

Well good to know my opinion rates smokin crack amd swinging ding a lings....

I feel.special...now where did my hat go....

Just cant dind it....think it was wrapped around that last tater I baked....

Maybe @IDIoit is ....ahem....baked too...since his ding a lings a swinging like a chimps in a tree....

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
was baked and drunk...lol
its all good, the kids made sure i was up for the karma buss.
3:47 am and their both up lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance