I feel stooopid!!!

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Ok so as you all may know I've been having problems with my E4OD. Well as it turns out, its all due to my lack of inspection and inexperience. Today dyoung came over and we where checkin out my rig. Well.... He crawls up under it and ans says "Dustin this thing clean!" he couldn't believe that one that's seemingly been recently rebuilt failed so quickly. Anyway upon his further inspection he found a loose hanging plug (not sure which one) and found its mate, plugged it up and good as now, shes road worthy again ;Really Big thanks to David (dyoung14) for making me look dumb lol I don't mind at all ;Sweet but one problem I don't think is much of a problem, It seems to want to shift too early, like something needs to be adjusted? dunno it may just need to be drove a little as it was in "limp mode". any suggestions?

rjjp

Needs to go test
Reaction score
Does your tach work correctly?
Your FIPL (think TPS) may need adjusted as well.

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
The tach sensor is brand new, I've looked at the TPS, but not sure how to adjust it. Care to explain?

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
Very very sad news guys, I'm not calling it a boat anchor yet but... its started to slip. I'm very very unhappy right now but I got a few more things I want to try before I say its time to rebuild it. But good news is if I DO have to rebuild it, I have a guy thats gonna do it for free at a diesel tech school just to learn!