I bought a Truck!!!

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the transplant recipient has a manual why not keep it that way and just source a diesel bellhousing? Diesel is too expensive to be using a C6, but that's just my opinion.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JD, his truck is a '94, pretty sure those all got 5-speeds that all got integral bells, whether tis a ZF-5 or the Mazda weakling whatever tis designation was. So they'll need a complete ZF-5 to keep it bolt-action.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
WOO HOO!!!

And doing a diesel for the first one - how cool!!!!

So you are planning on bringing it to the next IDI Weekend correct.

Heck with all the IDI's you guys have you can have yer own rally everday...

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
What a difference a few weeks makes!
IIRC, Matthias was not all that interested in getting his permit; had not even read the license manual yet.
Things happen FAST when you are 16

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aint that the truth! And we leave to get the truck right after he gets off his first day of working his new job! LOL

OK on the springs! I appreciate both offers. Neckville is closer, so perhaps the shipping will be less. I'll PM h2odrx. Good to know Sean has a set to fall back on if we have any problems. Right now all our ZF offers are 2WD, and EZ is close and has one so we may go that route, but could potentially still be looking for a 4WD one in the future. Thias, your job today is to call Hoaks (252-3602) in Wrightsville and get a 2" body lift ordered for it, since you said you wanted one. Once we get the truck home, I hope to have it built in a weekend or two so you can start giving mom's car a rest! LOL

Here is the truck, tentatively named "Night Moose"
You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...My grandpas 83 uses the gasser core support with the gasser style radiator, and we never had an issue with it over heating. Maybe thats the route you should take....

That's a possibility Sean. I don't know much about what rads were used with what gassers. This has the 6 cylinder in it, with a cracked head, so this truck had cooling system issues to begin with. I'll evaluate it carefully. We won't let it leave the driveway without proper gauges, so we can keep an eye the temps.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
...this truck had cooling system issues to begin with. I'll evaluate it carefully. We won't let it leave the driveway without proper gauges, so we can keep an eye the temps.

Is that a sly attempt at saying "you shoulda!" :backoff lol

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
Well, I'll admit that I wasn't terribly excited about getting my permit or a vehicle until we pulled the engine and I realized that that was for me. When I saw that I had a heart and no body, I kicked my butt in gear and took off in full force. Thanks for all the offers, I'm sure that help will come from where it's needed. My plan is to 1) Dieselize, retaining the manual state of the truck 2) lift it!! I'm not a copycat, simply able to recognize what I think is cool- even if my dad did it first and 3) whatever I think of between now and the completion of stage 2.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
congrates, looks like a sweet project. so will it be coming to the Jimmy cone?

i got a diesel gage cluster out of the 93/94 parts truck if you guys are interested. 20 would make me happy. the plastic over shield is cracked but that can be replaced from the one you pull. let me know if interested since it is currently sitting for sale the carlilse truck show.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jred, Yes we want that cluster! Bring it to the cone and we'll give you that $20. Jimmy Cone is only a week from tomorrow, so I doubt we will have it ready by then! LOL In fact, I'll probably get presure to stay home and work on it rather than go to the cone, but he will need ideas, and I'm sure we will be there.

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
Yeh, we can go to the cone. Assuming I'm not working. Thanks for the cluster. I ordered the 2" lift- its "proformance accessory #822" The guy didn't know if it would fit a f150 w/ a diesel, but i figured we were planning on that.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Man o man a short bed to top it off with a diesel. Thats awesome. Now you just need to find a place for good used tires. I see someone buying about 12 sets a year, none for the front all for the rear.

On the radiator. 149.99 alumninum racecar type radiator will keep that motor plenty cool.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an option. Getting the 5 spd will eliminate the need for an automatic trans cooling radiator to boot.