I bought a Truck!!!

MasterM00SE

Son of Mel
Reaction score
Hey everybody, wanted to let you all know, before my father got to you, that I, Matthias Agne, have purchased a 1994 F150 flareside that is located in Rhode island. In preperation for this event, the truck parting that occured at my place two weeks ago (see post "parting out party") was a success and we pulled the engine and trans. this past week. I will be putting the 6.9 in this F150 and will keep you all posted along the way. This has been quite a week for me- a got my first job, my drivers permit, and a truck all within 4 days. I'm a very happy 16 yr. old :D and look forward to the completion of this project.

-----Matthias

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Congrats Master! I know the force is strong within you, Welcome to the drivers world. Be safe out there!:thumbsup: ;Sweet

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good on you...what transmission is going there? I know you'll have a lot fo help between your dad and all the other good folks in PA. Turbo or no turbo?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
The bronco is holding the 6.9 pretty well, and it's a half-ton, so the F-150 should be fine. Congratulations on the job, truck, and permit. I remember what a fun time it was.

kcw12

CrazedCountryRebel
Reaction score
Them ford twin IBEAMS are tough. I know so i usta 4x4 with a 2wd, you just gotta hit the holes 3x as hard.

Exekiel69

Reaction score
Congratulations Matthias, I know Your father must be proud with You following He's steps on this one.:thumbsup: :peelout

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup. He's doing me proud for sure. He's going to need a couple of things to make the conversion complete. A diesel instrument cluster for a 92-97 would be nice. We've got a C6 for it, but the transplant recipient is a manual, so my add for the ZF in the marketplace is still a strong desire. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do about the rad yet. I don't know if I'll absolutely have to have a diesel core support, or if I'll be able to fab something up to use the radiator we have from the 85 in it. We'll need a pair of 2WD F-250 or F-350 front coil springs. This truck is a 2WD, but we've got what we need to make it a 4X4. It should be a fun project, and one I'm going to fast-track, so I can get all his junk out of my driveway! LOL

Here are some pics from the parting out party.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Cool Mathias! I wondered what was going on at your place when I was calling over the weekend (hope ya got that engine hoist down without destroying it).

Really Mel if you can fit a radiator from an 83 diesel in there I think you'd be fine so long as you were'nt looking at pushing big numbers out of it. My grandpas 83 uses the gasser core support with the gasser style radiator, and we never had an issue with it over heating. Maybe thats the route you should take.

Also, I put my foot down here and told my dad Im not working on any more of his trucks until I get something done on one of mine. That being converting my brown truck over to 4 wheel drive, installing the ZF5/BW1356, and pulling the engine to build it up for the turbocharger. But if you are still looking when I get them pulled, you can HAVE my front coil springs, just pay shipping. I certainly dont have a use for them, and they are low mile, only about 89,000 miles on them, and most of that was with the back end squatting from a trailer, so they should have allot of spring left in them. You guys just let me know.

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Yup. He's doing me proud for sure. He's going to need a couple of things to make the conversion complete. A diesel instrument cluster for a 92-97 would be nice. We've got a C6 for it, but the transplant recipient is a manual, so my add for the ZF in the marketplace is still a strong desire. I'm not quite sure what we are going to do about the rad yet. I don't know if I'll absolutely have to have a diesel core support, or if I'll be able to fab something up to use the radiator we have from the 85 in it. We'll need a pair of 2WD F-250 or F-350 front coil springs. This truck is a 2WD, but we've got what we need to make it a 4X4. It should be a fun project, and one I'm going to fast-track, so I can get all his junk out of my driveway! LOL

Here are some pics from the parting out party.
I've got your coil springs if you want them and maybe some other stuff?

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
What motor did the truck come with? The 351 should be pretty fun to scoot around in while you get ready for the swap if that's what's in it.

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats Mat! "Flareside" would be another name for "stepside", correct? Those F150s look sweet, and yous would be even cooler with the diesel. Do take some pics of the truck as is now tho, and post here, I'm sure I ain't the only one who wants to see the new addition to your "family" :D