HYPERMAX HEAD GASKETS

tknomaj

Reaction score
All the talk as of late about the Hypermax Headgaskets and they do not exist.
Spoke to Ron at Hypermax and he thought that they had some in back stock but when he went to find them they were no more. Will place call to Comtec and see if they will make us gaskets:dunno

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cometic will make gaskets if you pay for I think it's 50 sets up front. Then once they make the pattern with your money they will start to sell them right alongside yours. A friend of mine went through this about 4 years ago with BMW gaskets. I've got 3 right now. (2 blown)

I am not saying it wouldn't be a good idea just sharing what I've experienced. If we could put together a group buy it might be feasible. I know I don't have $12-15k to front so we can have Cometic gaskets. It's a shame they don't pay for their own patterns and then make their money back in sales.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Do not know what they are going to say but the fusion ring gasket look promising. and
12k up front right now is out of the question.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Cometic Gaskets

Just got off the phone cost is 3400.00 for start up and they will need a bare block and cylinder heads for mock up to make them. I think we can do this guys . how about it? and no mininum buy so once set up is paid for all we have to do is call to purchase them . They can be made in different thicknesses from 40ths to 80ths with a estimated cost of 90.00-120.00 each

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Just got off the phone cost is 3400.00 for start up and they will need a bare block and cylinder heads for mock up to make them. I think we can do this guys . how about it? and no mininum buy so once set up is paid for all we have to do is call to purchase them . They can be made in different thicknesses from 40ths to 80ths with a estimated cost of 90.00-120.00 each

$3400 for start up??? Just exactly how much per hour are they paying some sap to sit an a CAD machine? Sounds like they make a killing off that setup, then turn around and profit from the gaskets. Seems to me if you have to be a partner in the design, especially the one paying for it and providing all the design materials to work from, then they should be sharing profits from the end product. After all , isn't that how business partnerships work? cookoo

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
$3400 for start up??? Just exactly how much per hour are they paying some sap to sit an a CAD machine? Sounds like they make a killing off that setup, then turn around and profit from the gaskets. Seems to me if you have to be a partner in the design, especially the one paying for it and providing all the design materials to work from, then they should be sharing profits from the end product. After all , isn't that how business partnerships work? cookoo

My thoughts exactly.

And how many years have these motors been in existance and they don't have the specs for them still????? :bs

BioFarmer93

OPEC Hater
Reaction score

Actually, being one of those "sap's", and sitting at the CADD machine as I type this, I have to wonder exactly what the big deal is also. I'm sure that I could sit down with a block & heads for two hours a nite after work and in three or four nights have good workable design files for the CNC. BTW- we don't just sit here, we do a hell of a lot of thinking and calculating, typically leaving us mentally drained... Kinda like putting in a 700 mile day. Most of us have vision problems and acid reflux from stress associated with impossible deadlines. As to how much we get paid- I'll put it this way, most of yall make more than most of us...

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
Actually, being one of those "sap's", and sitting at the CADD machine as I type this, I have to wonder exactly what the big deal is also. I'm sure that I could sit down with a block & heads for two hours a nite after work and in three or four nights have good workable design files for the CNC. BTW- we don't just sit here, we do a hell of a lot of thinking and calculating, typically leaving us mentally drained... Kinda like putting in a 700 mile day. Most of us have vision problems and acid reflux from stress associated with impossible deadlines. As to how much we get paid- I'll put it this way, most of yall make more than most of us...

A - FRIGGIN MEN BROTHER!!!!

ive been a mechanical designer for almost 10 years and in most places there are maintenance personnel making more then i did and i have to have a degree..-cuss-cuss-cuss

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score

X3

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

Exactly. I figure with their setup being designed solely for the purpose of designing head gaskets, they probably have a way to scan a factory head gasket in to the machine first and work their design from there saving a lot of extra measurements, and just use the supplied engine for final fitting. Probably shouldn't take them more than a few hours at best, and I know the poor sap at the cad machine isn't making all that much, unless it also happens to be the CEO and he plans new boat purchases around folks wanting new gasket designs :backoff

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd want at least one or two... I was hopeful that hypermax had some left.

We just gotta plan it out right so everyone can save up for it.:dunno

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sooooo.... If only one person here paid the strongarm fee what would that mean....:dunno Not much in the money long run. Now if cometic ONLY sold to that person that paid for the design and setup I wonder what they would charge that person for gaskets. Trying to sell enough gaskets to make back the $3400.00 just isn't going to happen here. If you made $100.00 per gasket you would need to sell 34 gaskets. I don't think cometic would "work with a person with money" like that....

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if everone used a 3rd party and contributed towards the 3400$ as a communal effort, and even 12 people came in then its 284$ plus the head gaskets. alot more tolerable and realistic.

:dunno