HydroBoost for 86 F250 SRW 6.9 - what parts do I need?

wildman7798

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at the HydroBoost upgrade for my 1986 - after perusing the tech articles they seem to state 1988 - 1997 F450 is the preferred donor. Is this the case going back to 86 or will I have other mods to make not noted in the tech articles? Or is there a more ideal setup for the older F250's. I've had so many FoMoCo HydroBoosts go to scrap over the years from the 70 and 80's Lincolns and Mercs we ran in derby cars it's a little maddening having not hung on to the parts, but who would have known. Not that it was all necessarily a bolt up but I am sure could have been made to work. Just really need to know what I need to source out for parts or if someone on the forum has spares to part with. :dunno :dunno Thanks

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you need to buy one, there is one on Ebay at U-haul's u-techcenter for a F450, I think for $275. Just seen it a couple hrs ago.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is a wonderful kit complete with everything and a great buy!

The only thing you need to do is take apart that pedal assembly remove the brake pedal, then when you take your pedal assembly out to install the booster rebuild your pedal assembly with the hydroboost pedal. It will fit!

You would then have a complete and ready to install hydro boost.

Good luck with it!