Hydroboost conversion parts arrived....

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just received all my the parts to do the hydroboost conversion;Sweet. I am going to tackle the job next weekend and I'm looking forward to being able to stop with authority. I have read numerous articles/threads regarding doing the conversion. I am replacing all the rubber brake lines due to the higher pressure from the hydroboost. Is there any last words of advice or "tricks of the trade" that may make the job easier? Is there anything I should watch out for? Any other brake component you recommend I replace due to the higher line pressure? Any advice is appreciated.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its an easy swap and worth it. Just make sure you dont have any rusted hard lines, I replaced all mine with stainless steel. Enjoy the new brakes!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Using the bigger 1 5/16 master cylinder works great. What parts did you recieve so we can tell you thats all you need....:dunno

fields_mj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What threads have you read on this subject? I've tried to keep my eyes out for them, and I've done a few searches, but never found anything. This is one of the upgrades that I would like to do, but so far I haven't been able to find much of the "how to" or "it costs this much" information.

Thanks,
Mark

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What threads have you read on this subject? I've tried to keep my eyes out for them, and I've done a few searches, but never found anything. This is one of the upgrades that I would like to do, but so far I haven't been able to find much of the "how to" or "it costs this much" information.

Thanks,
Mark
take a look in the "tech articles" first next time.;Sweet
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8777

agp23109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mark,

The artical towcat posted is the one I was refering to. I was able to get a brand new, not rebuilt, Motorcraft hydroboost, all new power steering lines, new rubber brake lines front and rear, and power steering pump resivor for a little under $340.00 shipped from Rockauto. Didn't think it was too bad of a deal. Wanted to go the all new route instead of junkyard since I plan on keeping the truck for a while. If my research is correct I should be able to use my existing master cylinder.

icanfixall,

I listed the parts I bought above. Any further suggestions?

hahn_rossman

Hahn Rossman
Reaction score
You don't mention the year truck you have in your signature;Really

Depending on the year the brake pedal arm has the pivot for the pushrod in a different location. For my truck (1984) it wouldn't work at all with the stock pedal. The donor truck (1987 450) has the pedal and the pivot which fit fine in my original cast aluminum bracket under the dash.

Check it out before you have the truck in pieces!