Humvee tires

Danoflapper

Reaction score
Okay sweet thanks for the info guys. I'm not concerned with the bumper but i'm worried that the plastic inner fender might be an issue. Trimming the fender would get rid of some of my rust though. :D

I'm still considering it though.

Would my worst case scenario be an add a leaf up front?

EDIT: How is it steering wise? No rubbing problems against the leafs full lock left and right?

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Okay sweet thanks for the info guys. I'm not concerned with the bumper but i'm worried that the plastic inner fender might be an issue. Trimming the fender would get rid of some of my rust though. :D

I'm still considering it though.

Would my worst case scenario be an add a leaf up front?

EDIT: How is it steering wise? No rubbing problems against the leafs full lock left and right?

Full lock will rub the leafs.

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I didn't bother read but the first 2 pages and this one.......what is the consensus of the 37 inch radial militaries?

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of us like em, some of us don't. For an inexpensive radial 37, that will run ya great amounts of miles, ya can't beat em.

I am moving up to 12.5R20's.....

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
I've been hunting for a set of NDT's, NATO NDT's or Powerkings with no luck...I've used the 36 OZ tires in the past and like them well enough but as stated previously, they develop flat spots and it's rather irritating, if I wanted that I'd keep my cupped POS Pro-Comps on Burt.....Since I do alot of off the road stuff I'd like some opinions on the capabilities of these radials as well.......They are readily available and I may just buy a set if I like what I hear!;Sweet

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock yer happy *** on over to FullSizeBronco.. and check out dieselboy, he was in the race for Nov. FOTM, and won..

He has a 93 Bronco, repowered with an IDIt, and running HMMV beadlocks with the 37's.. he wheels pretty well on those tires.

Mine were wore out when I got them, and I never wheeled them due to the rough ass ride the SuperDuty leveling kit gave me.. I winced when it came to speed bumps.. let alone a trail ride or a rock krawling...

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote...

(regardimg 4x4 capabilities of HMMV tires)

"12psi on my rig 3600 over the front 3400 over the rear. For the price they are awesome! They havent let me down yet. They've had enough traction to snap my right front axle on saturday too. They are actually quiet on the road too and at 30psi they are very mannered too.

I did some insane crawling in 3x this weekend cause my broken axle and they grabbed good."

manimal

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am bringing this back from the dead(thank you SEARCH button!..lol)...... I am thinking of getting some of the 37" Goodyears for my F250..."NOW" what is the consensus? I currently have a set of 36" Military tires,but they are in BAD shape.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am bringing this back from the dead(thank you SEARCH button!..lol)...... I am thinking of getting some of the 37" Goodyears for my F250..."NOW" what is the consensus? I currently have a set of 36" Military tires,but they are in BAD shape.

Well for the price so long as they are in decent shape and provide you the service you need, does it matter?

I'd run the Goodyear MT's in a heart beat, however 16.5's and no bead locks suck for me cause I'd want to air way down.

IFN I ever get some 24 bolt hummer wheels, and then recenter them and then rock ring, I'd likely be very happy to run those tyres since they are inexpensive...

My other option would be to see if a 17" inner AIR bead lock could work with the 16.5" rims...and just run plain old 16.5 wheels.

Ya I'd run those tyres in a heart beat!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've run them for close to a decade on different trucks. I like them for what they are. Are they the best tire? No. Are they a decent tire and get the job done off road (for what I do)? Absolutely. I weekly run them on muddy trails up and down steep terrain on my property and again, they do a good job. They last on the road as well. But, if you get one with a broken cord in the carcass, it will hop worse than a rabbit at road speeds.

Heath

kubotaorange76

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

No lift on recentered hummer bead locks
Had to hack bumper and rear of front fenders...tires have great road manners, off road with the double locks I air down to about 8 and they do ok on southeast off road park trails....welded rear and locked front they still aren't a swamper but for $75 each what can I say?

Oh and forget about mud with these....
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online

No members online now.