Humvee tires

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I need a set also, but I am located in the middle of north central hell montana. I will be near Richmond, IN next month at a family's place in Greenfield if the place you know of is near there. I had a set on my F250 and they were great on and offroad, went places in 2wd and didnt even think of 4x4. They run pretty good on my IH pickup that i use for plowing, never had any traction problems in snow, but it also had the double beadlocks and i run little air in the winter.

1994IDI

Reaction score
No doubt... I have a set of spoons and a pneumatic bead breaker so I do all my own tires. A package of bb's will balance a couple sets of tires better than anyone can charge you for. :D

This is new to me. Are you talking the old steel BB's, or the new plastic ones? How many do you put n? Advantages? Drawbacks?

Hijack done.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
...I will be near Richmond, IN next month at a family's place in Greenfield if the place you know of is near there...

Welcome to my corner of the country. There are a few members on here that live in or near Greenfield, In. Are you flying out, or driving?

Simp5782

SNOW TACKLER!
Reaction score
I am driving out. I have family that lives in mohawk, well almost all of mohawk is my family. I lived there for a bit when i worked at the jail there in indy.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
This is new to me. Are you talking the old steel BB's, or the new plastic ones? How many do you put n? Advantages? Drawbacks?

Hijack done.

Ever hear of dynabeads? They balance the tires dynamically so they are always balanced just right. I run 1 shot glass full in tires under 35" and 2 or more for larger tires. I run quicksilver steel bb's not the copperheads. The copper coating flakes off and will clog the valvecore when you air down.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
I am driving out. I have family that lives in mohawk, well almost all of mohawk is my family. I lived there for a bit when i worked at the jail there in indy.

Then you are not far away.... I live out on the West Side of town by Lilly... Have a safe trip.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, what size rims do you need to mount them on? This may sound like a dumb question, but will the stock 16.5 rims work? I'm very sure they will fit on my 77F250 Highboy no problem.

If not, then a lifting we will go!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they are 16.5s, I was just wondering if the stock width 16.5 rims are capable of mounting those tires on.

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know they are 16.5s, I was just wondering if the stock width 16.5 rims are capable of mounting those tires on.

I can't imagine a tire that tall will work on such a narrow OE wheel (7.50 I believe) > I ran 33" tall tires for almost 20 years and they didn't wear good because the tire bead/sidewall's were pulled in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online