Humvee tires

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Only bad thing will be my truck has 3.55's so my millage will suck........but these tires have to be better then the super swampers that's on it now.

I noticed a power loss when i went from my 37" goodyear radials to my biased 35" swampers. Biased ply are power robbers. O and i have 3:55 as well

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
Only bad thing will be my truck has 3.55's so my millage will suck........but these tires have to be better then the super swampers that's on it now.

my f250 had 3.55's and it was fine. what swapers do you have that you don't like? i've loved every super swamper i've ever owned. are they like sts's or something? lol

-Jon

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
So I should gane power :thumbsup:

And off topic for a bit, Brad I've seen your 86 what size life do you have on it? I like the way it sits.

My 86 is a custom 6". the 37s fit perfectly on 9.75 wheels and i would get 17 MPG on the highway and 15 around town
here is an old pic
You must be registered for see images attach

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
How much of a lift would you need over stock to run the 37's?

Mine is bone stock suspension and the tires don't rub anywhere. If they did I'd have cut the offending piece off but they don't. I'd guess they may have rubber the front edge of the fender but I cut that off due to one fender having damage there.

Will they clear a stock bed uncut I couldn't tell ya that as I have never had a bed on this truck.

As for a shackle reversal limiting anything that's completely wrong. My guess is it was easier to run forward shackles on the 350 since the 250 had to have them by design. Saved a big step in the manufacturing of trucks. Look at 79 and 99 trucks, they both run rear shackles and neither generation had ttb in 4x's.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I thought it was like the old shackle flips guys would do on mud trucks to gain a few inches.

You can do a shackle reversal and gain height, sky-manufacturing makes them in 3 1/2 and 5 1/2" kits. I'll be doing my own swap for no lift and better geometry than stock. :sly

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I thought it was like the old shackle flips guys would do on mud trucks to gain a few inches.

RSK http://www.sky-manufacturing.com/new/detaproduct.php?id=162
They only make one for a 92-97 but it is easily modified to work on a 80-91. It adds 3" to the front suspension and make a better ride by moving the shackles to the rear of the spring so thw springs are not fighting natural forces when you hit a bump. If you combine the RSK (moved 3 3/8 forward) and SD springs in the front and ICON lift springs for a SD it will ride better than a stock SD

ORU also maks a RSK to fit a 80-91 but it cost about 200 more

Last edited:

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got mine on last week.I have a 4 inch lift some rubbing when turnig sharp.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 82

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How old are they? I have to admit, I've pushed the limits on what is smart. The tires on the Moose Tail just completed a 1900 mile round trip, and they are from 1986! :eek: This WILL absolutely be the last ride for them, and the 13 year old tires on the Moose Truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle