Humvee tires

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i am running the 36 inch version on mine. work pretty good on a heavy truck. hed em on a k5 blazer and it couldnt get traction.

biggin92

Yeeeee Haaawwww
Reaction score
i can honestly say the 36' goodyears are awesome tires in my opinion i have owned a bout 4 set and have gotten about 70,000 miles out of each set they pull great in anything, but dont exactly ride like a caddy tire.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it disheartening that not only has the 16.5 rim size gone by the way side, but now 36" diameter tires are hard to get new in any rim size. It's either 35's or 37's. :***: You guys going for these Humvee tires are buying your last sets. They won't be there next time.

zrexryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man your rims look good. I used 12oz dynabeads to balance my 37,s. they ride smooth as silk.

Attachments

• truck.jpg
    truck.jpg
    776.9 KB · Views: 34

jam0o0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i ballanced my 38's with the heavy airsoft bb's. other than the woosh at the stop signs you'd never know they weren't professionally balanced.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
i ballanced my 38's with the heavy airsoft bb's. other than the woosh at the stop signs you'd never know they weren't professionally balanced.

No doubt... I have a set of spoons and a pneumatic bead breaker so I do all my own tires. A package of bb's will balance a couple sets of tires better than anyone can charge you for. :D

erikbala

Ride rank make Bank
Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure... They are still used by the military and as long as they keep auctioning them off they will be available readily and CHEAP. $449 for a set delivered to my door. :D

you wouldn't want to tell me where you get them would you,:sly i need a new set really bad, but im strapped for cash and i dont want to buy regular priced tires, i would really appreciate the help. thanks

apextrans

What Log Book????
Reaction score
I'm not sure if Goodyear changed something when the military got exclusive rights to that tire but I had 2 sets on 2 different tow trucks & loved em. They did wear very quickly tho. One truck was a 4x4 F350 wrecker & the other truck was my 86 Chevy Scottsdale. Haven't been able to find a set since then. My dad ran em on his Tahoe for a while & I think they finally perished under Agnem's Moosetang!!