Humvee tires

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Mine rode excelent, were quiet, they balanced fair for a 37" BUTthey absolutly sucked off the road. I needed 4wd anytime i pulled into my YARD. I hatted them. took them off and gave them away, and i would not own another set, even if they were free

Last edited:

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
They are balanced well, they handle good, on the road they're quiet, they do wear quick, but off road they're useless. My 250 would burnout quite well because they're soooo hard...:D

-Jon

Classicfordguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It depends on weather you're refering to biased ply tires or radials. Had a set of goodyear 36" biased ply hummer tires on my truck. They rode aweful, had flat spots every morning, wore out quickly. They looked cool but would never use them again. I now have a used set of BFG mud terrains (radials obviously) and the difference is night and day, now I can stay in my lane.

-Rob

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine so far. I figure with 4.10's they slow things down enough to still get decent mileage. They suck offroad because no one has them on beadlocks and you can't air down with no safety bead to hold them on the wheel.

They have a 3800lb weight rating too so no fear of overloading. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
I'm happy with mine so far. I figure with 4.10's they slow things down enough to still get decent mileage. They suck offroad because no one has them on beadlocks and you can't air down with no safety bead to hold them on the wheel.

They have a 3800lb weight rating too so no fear of overloading. :D

You must be registered for see images attach

So i should air down my tires to drive in my yard?:dunno

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had to air down any tire EVER. The POS super swamper that replaced the goodyears did fine, and so do the Micky thopmson MTZs on the truck now

whats the ply rating on those verses the military tires?, any time you put way over rated tires on something they are not going to function as intended. like putting 6 ply tires on a F350, they do fit, but not even close to what the trk needs. same thing when you use overrated tires

HammerDown

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine those tall heavy suckers do anything good for the steering components, drive-line or braking.
I use to run 33" for years and years...and in my area (plenty of stopping/turning) they sucked. On the hwy was another story.

White Trash

IDI noob
Reaction score
I can't imagine those tall heavy suckers do anything good for the steering components, drive-line or braking.
I use to run 33" for years and years...and in my area (plenty of stopping/turning) they sucked. On the hwy was another story.

Not really an issue. The height makes the brakes work a bit harder but unless you are putting high offset wheels on there they don't make a difference really.

I plan to run these tires until I can no longer get them cheaply due to their load ability and height of course the price is fanfawkingtastic too. LOL If things wear out then they need to be upgraded NOT just replaced with another generic off the shelf factory replacement. I upgrade everything I can. :D

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ For what its worth, all they did to your gears was give you a net of 3.45.. go ahead play witht he numbers, you will see I am right... :D (4.10 on a 32... compared to a 4.10 on a 37.. hmmmm... 37 is 15% taller than the 31.7 truck was born with... 15% of 4.10 is... .615... 4100-615= 3485 replace the decimal I left out... 3.485.. huh, guess they aint really an overdrive afterall...)

I ran a shot set for awhile, and was moderately happy. Never wheeled the truck, so I can respond to whether they suck or not there....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online