Huges torque converter

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I have found out that my torque converter is bad -cuss hurts my feelings but what can ya do. I want to set this thing up to where its very unlikely this will happen again! I found this huges performance diesel torque converter that looks pretty enticing. also i found a set of valve bodies at beans diesel performance that i might go with. links below

TC- http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUP-46ALXFM/

Valve bodies- http://bdpshop.com/power-stroke/1994-1997-7-3l/transmission-differential/bts-valve-body.html

Is anybody running any of this? I already have it squared away to go to chattanooga state cummunity college to the diesel mechanics shop for free :sly so the shear cost wont be effected by labor.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Don't know about the TC. I would imagine the valve body is built to go behind a powerstroke. You might have better luck dealing direct with BTS here on that to get one tuned to your truck.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
thanks, i think i might go with that second one down in the list and the valve bodies. dunno yet we'll see lol

'94IDITurbo7.3

HAMMER DOWN!
Reaction score
Still have it. :D

The converter dosn't affect the shifts. That would be the accumulator body (Valve body). But so far the converter has taken any abuse I can throw at it.:thumbsup:

as far as i know my tq is the original. i have to give quite a bit of throttle to get the truck moving. would one of those racerx converters allow the power to be transferred threw the drive train to the wheels down lower in the rpm range?

hope that makes sense.

trackspeeder

Stone crusher.
Reaction score
as far as i know my tq is the original. i have to give quite a bit of throttle to get the truck moving. would one of those racerx converters allow the power to be transferred threw the drive train to the wheels down lower in the rpm range?

hope that makes sense.

It has a lower stall, so yes it allow it to with less throttle.:D

It's more fun to slam the throttle to the floor.:rotflmao;burnout