How to polish a ****, for Dummies

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cudo's for reserecting another worthy IDI! This project looks very clean and smooth, but your probably not making a big deal out of the fact that probably every fastener on this thing was giving you the fits. How bad were the bed bolts, or the front core support body mounts? Did ya just torch them all?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cudo's for reserecting another worthy IDI! This project looks very clean and smooth, but your probably not making a big deal out of the fact that probably every fastener on this thing was giving you the fits. How bad were the bed bolts, or the front core support body mounts? Did ya just torch them all?

EVERY bolt was a pain in the ass, and i dont have tourches so they all came out the hard way or with the help of a grinder for the bed bolts and such..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok between rainstorms today i got the new motorcraft gp's in and started the truck.. I only ran it for maybe 3-4 minutes before it started raining on me again but while i did have it running it still smoked like all hell, like it did when i brought it home. Also seems to idle a bit rough aswell..
I'm pointing the finger at the 180k worn out injectors as the reason for it smoking, could that be it.. I should add it is definatly deisel smoke, holds coolant fine and you can smell the unburnt feul in the smoke baaaaad..

Last edited:

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered brand new matched BB's and olives from "type4", hopfully they fix the running problem..
Anyone know if i can remove the fuel lines from the ip without removing the ip?? Id like to sandblast and paint them. Also wondering if i can remove the intake to blast and paint it without removing the ip?? thanks

mabc926

Mojo
Reaction score
Just ordered brand new matched BB's and olives from "type4", hopfully they fix the running problem..
Anyone know if i can remove the fuel lines from the ip without removing the ip?? Id like to sandblast and paint them. Also wondering if i can remove the intake to blast and paint it without removing the ip?? thanks

The top lines yes, the bottom lines no, I tried that once and I could never get the bottom lines tight enough.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No update for this past weekend, i did find my air intrusion, it is at both the olives at the filter head. I also sold my plow setup.. As of now i'm at a progress stand still waiting on parts.

I ordered all the parts i need to make it drive..

New matched BB injectors, return kit and olives are ordered from "typ4" still waiting on them..

Also put in a huge order with rock auto, basicly for everything i need to make the truck drivable.. Got sticker shock with that bill:eek:

Plus i scored a sweet deal on parts locally, new xlt front bumper, new rub strip, new chrome grill, perfect origional xlt headlights and a near perfect origional xlt grill. All for 100.00, the new parts are still in the boxes:D...

Next update coming after i get parts....

Last edited:

RustyBolts

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just stumbled onto this thread, and I gotta give ya a slap on the back via internet ;Sweet I have to say I'm quite impressed in the progress being made, and the transformation happening before our eyes on our computer monitors. I've had a soft spot for bricknoses (regardless of what folks have to say) ever since dad brought home the '90 when I was 7yrs old. Good luck on your parts coming to you in a timely manner, and good luck with the remainder of the project! :thumbsup:

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Plus i scored a sweet deal on parts locally, new xlt front bumper, new rub strip, new chrome grill, perfect origional xlt headlights and a near perfect origional xlt grill. All for 100.00, the new parts are still in the boxes:D...

That was from the guy on Craigs list? thought that was a good deal, even for bricks

seawalkersee

It needs a turbo...
Reaction score
Ummm...you can pull the lines off of the IP without pulling it. You H A V E to put the bottom ones on first though or you will not be able to get them tight. You also can pull the intake, but you will have to drain the coolant prior to doing it though. Remember, the valley pan gasket will probably need to be replaced since you are pulling the intake so add about another $60 to your parts list. If I were you, I would mark the IP and pull it. Its just faster to do that way. Ask me how I know.

SWS

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realy dont wanna touch the ip, maybe ill just leave it alone and looking chitty...

How hard is it to pull the ip thou, becouse my top timing cover is leaking. So maybe if it aint to hard to pull the ip, i can fix s bunch of problems at ounce.... thanks