How to polish a ****, for Dummies

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well not much progress today, wish it was more. I got the fuel filter head redone, deleted the leaky fuel heater, cleaned and resealed all the fittings. I also rebuilt the rear brakes, hooked up the fuel return line and hooked all the underhood wiring up.

On another note i ran into a problem, the radiater does not fit this rad support. The truck the body "radsupport" came from was a 1990 f-250 2wd 7.3 with factory a/c. Mine is no a/c and it apears that makes the diferance?? My rad is to wide for this support, comparing it to my origional rad support the origional one looks like a regular gas one where as the one from the doner truck is very deep and the area that holds the radiater is narrower?? Anyone else ran into this problem, also will a regular gas rad support work for me, i have 5-6 off them over at the farm if one will work..

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I hope a gasser support works for a diesel. I go pick up my 6.9/C6 combo this week for installation into my 88 F250 to replace the cute little 302 that sits there. I figure I will need to do some fabricating/welding for items like the Rad support and a few other little ditties, so I'm prepared for that problem. Lucky me my brother in law agreed to sell me his 85(?) F250 4x with 351w/C6 for the springs and other details I will need.

Sorry, wasn't trying to hijack. But even though my vehicle won't look NEAR as good as yours cosmetically, I'm invested in the radiator support problem just for a heads up.

And I'm not a fan of a bed mounted stack either. But I would LOVE to run one outside the bed like a big tractor. Though for the life of me I'm afraid some MORON will grab ahold of it, burn their hand, and sue. Or some kid.

Love the truck so far!

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
[hi-jack]what kind of shape is that rad support that wont work? i need one for a factory AC truck (mine has the tall n narrow radiator). wanna sell it? [/hi-jack]

IIRC most aftermarket rad supports are for ur particluar style so they are out there for urs. u can make a gasser support work but u need the part the rad actually fits into so a little surgery is needed.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
On another note i ran into a problem, the radiater does not fit this rad support. The truck the body "radsupport" came from was a 1990 f-250 2wd 7.3 with factory a/c. Mine is no a/c and it apears that makes the diferance?? My rad is to wide for this support, comparing it to my origional rad support the origional one looks like a regular gas one where as the one from the doner truck is very deep and the area that holds the radiater is narrower?? Anyone else ran into this problem, also will a regular gas rad support work for me, i have 5-6 off them over at the farm if one will work..

How about you get the radiator that came with the body and use that one

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[hi-jack]what kind of shape is that rad support that wont work? i need one for a factory AC truck (mine has the tall n narrow radiator). wanna sell it? [/hi-jack]

IIRC most aftermarket rad supports are for ur particluar style so they are out there for urs. u can make a gasser support work but u need the part the rad actually fits into so a little surgery is needed.

yep i'll sell it after i find what i need, it's rust free and no cracks.

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about you get the radiator that came with the body and use that one

well it has a neew radiator in it, so i figure id be better off finding the rite rad support than buying a new 350.00 radiator to replace the new one thats in it..

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Good luck even finding the correct rad support for ANY $$. They are the 1st thing to rot on these trucks.

I would much rather spend 300 on a radiator than take my chances with a rotted rad support

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya good point, my buddy has a good one from an 87 6.9 truck. Atleast he says it's good, i'm gonna go loook at it later today.. Hopully its what i need becouse he only wants 50.00 for it...

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these rad supports avalible aftermarket?? The one my buddy has was for a gas truck, i already have 4-5 of them so i didnt need anymore..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow thats what i need, and cheap.. Geuss i'll but one of them, even thou i hate aftermarket parts... let me know if you are interested in the factory a/c one.

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
I've heard from people who have that LMC rad support, that it's very cheap, very thin gauge.

I'm looking for an OEM one!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well i just ordered my glowplugs, and a fuel return kit becouse mines leaking, so ounce tat stuff comes in i'll get it running...

As for the support maybe i'll chop up one of my gas truck rad supports i have laying around and see if i can make it work...

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
If I remember correctly... the LMC rad support IS NOT A DIESEL SUPPORT!!!! There are members that have ordered the support and it does not fit the diesel rad!!!!!!

You may be able to call and ask, but do not "blindly" order it. You may not get what you think.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
If I remember correctly... the LMC rad support IS NOT A DIESEL SUPPORT!!!! There are members that have ordered the support and it does not fit the diesel rad!!!!!!

You may be able to call and ask, but do not "blindly" order it. You may not get what you think.

I want to say you are correct, but for the 92-97 style. IIRC the 87-91 is correct for a diesel

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GaryB

Members online