How to polish a ****, for Dummies

snaponprofile

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to say that the current paint looks bad but are you painting it?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going to go finish up the interior, i'll get more pics.. It's gettig time to get the old idi running again and running rite, Gonna have lots of questions for sure when i start under the hood.

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Looks even better in person. I went by the house today. Did you POR the bottom of the cab, rad support and the inside wheel wells?

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks even better in person. I went by the house today. Did you POR the bottom of the cab, rad support and the inside wheel wells?

Bottom of the cab and rad support had no rust, i did dab por-15 on the inside or the cab mounts and in the rad support pockets..

I'm going to por-15 up in the wheel wells, i use a modified syphen spay gun with a long tube on it that my buddy made to spay up inside wheel wells.. Also thinking about spaying something on the bottom of the cab, like truck bed coat. I realy dont like using undercoat or anything like it, But maybe truck bed coat would work:dunno

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The interior all together, still need to find a full set of good woddgrain dash trim. Also needs a good cleaning again.

You must be registered for see images attach

And todays pics of the truck, same as yesterday just sat the hood on.

KyleQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that looks nice- makes me want to find a nice body for my 1 ton...

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Powerwsh everything really good. Use their marine clean then apply the POR to ANYWHERE that typically rusts(cab floor seams, rad support, wheel wells, pockets below taillights, INSIDE bottom of doors, you know, EVERYWHERE)

Optikalillushun

Reaction score
If ya try that undercoating let me know, im lookin for something like that. Also, we used POR-15 on out 66 Fairlane GTs interior and underside and it is some tough stuff! Be careful though, once its on ur skin its there until it wears off and dont load up a brush with to much because it likes to run...i looked like a zebra for a few weeks till i got it all off me!

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If ya try that undercoating let me know, im lookin for something like that. Also, we used POR-15 on out 66 Fairlane GTs interior and underside and it is some tough stuff! Be careful though, once its on ur skin its there until it wears off and dont load up a brush with to much because it likes to run...i looked like a zebra for a few weeks till i got it all off me!

Will do, i think i mite try it.. I hav'nt been disapointed by a por-15 product yet.

As for getting it on my skin, ya my hands were completely black for a good week or two the first time i used it..

G.W BUFFALO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check out the pleasant suprise i found in the glovebox. I had'nt even looked at the owners manual untill now, way cool. My favorite part is the maintnance schedule wich proves origional milage, and shows that the oil was canged every 3000 miles or less since new. That explains why the engine looks fersh when i had the oil pan off.. Here's pics!!!

Every registration and insurance card since new, Gotta love 1-owner trucks.

The origional temperary registration and card from 1988.

The maintnance papers my favorite part!!

The milage as of 2001, truck was parked in 2002 after the mat fell thru the floor.

I know it realy aint nothing but i think it's cool everything is still here.