How much are these parts worth?

discbrks

Reaction score
I'm buying a '93 F250 x-cab so that I can do a 5-speed swap on my truck. I'm also taking the power door/windows out for my dad's truck. It is a factory turbo truck, everything is complete. the truck is missing the rad, both tanks, and the steering column. Just looking at what the ball-park would be on these parts, because I need to make sure that they are good before selling. Here's a list of what I might sell:
Complete turbo set-up.
Complete turbo motor... I'm told it needs an IP, but I wanna verify it.
4.10 limited slip rear.
Front clip sheet metal.
Thanks for the help.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Turbo setup $600-$700 possibly more
Engine (non running, likely high mileage) $650-800 but I'd keep it on the low side or no one will want it, I know I wont trust even members with an engine sale where I cant hear and see it run first. If I dont see it run its a core, thats it.
Rear, $250-400 depending on how it checks out. Most yards around here want $400 for locking rears though.
Front clip sheetmetal, as much as you can get someone to offer for it. Say like $200 if its in NICE shape.
Those price ranges are listed in what I consider to be a "fair for both parties" price on the low side, and "someone HAS TO HAVE IT" price on the high side.

discbrks

Reaction score
Turbo setup $600-$700 possibly more
Engine (non running, likely high mileage) $650-800 but I'd keep it on the low side or no one will want it, I know I wont trust even members with an engine sale where I cant hear and see it run first. If I dont see it run its a core, thats it.
Rear, $250-400 depending on how it checks out. Most yards around here want $400 for locking rears though.
Front clip sheetmetal, as much as you can get someone to offer for it. Say like $200 if its in NICE shape.
Those price ranges are listed in what I consider to be a "fair for both parties" price on the low side, and "someone HAS TO HAVE IT" price on the high side.

That's kinda what I was thinking... The column is gone, but I do want to find a way to hear it run. Any ideas on hot-wiring it?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Yep,
Here's what ya do. Run a lead from positive terminal to the fuel shut off solenoid, that way it is powered up and will allow fuel.
Then all you have to do is jump the starter relay with a screw driver or pliers. I find it easier with pliers on the new relays like that one would have. Should crank over and fire up. Probably will have to ether it since you can forget about glow plugs. Or if it starts without ether and no plugs then you've probably got a decent motor there. Then when you want to shut it off all you do is pull the lead off the positive terminal on the battery.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
might be interested in the pass front fender, mines bubbly a little at the top of the wheel well.

even more so if it matches my white:D

Sean pretty much nailed the prices, i am not sure you could get that much for a motor around here though.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that serp belt setup could be worth something. i wish i had that on my truck. im sick of my vbelts

discbrks

Reaction score
Let me get the truck home & make sure everything looks good. I hate to gove a price, then discover that something is missing or broken. Also, then I can take a picture of the parts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online