Hot start problems

Dirtpoor

Reaction score
I have a '93 with pump from Pensacola Diesel that has less than a thousand miles on it. I have the same hot start problem. I have done business with them in the past and been satisfied. Judging from what i've read here, they are not as good as i thought they were. Any other ideas?

C_Luft

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were you I would take your truck back to the shop and have them either fix the problem at no cost, or you need a refund. I don't know much about or anything at all about injection pumps, but when someone "rebuilds" an injection pump or anything at all for that matter it should be like new and your paying for a (fair) like new price, it's not like you payed 150-200 for a rebuild, that would be a dead give away that they're crap. It would be like paying for 4000 rebuilt long block 7.3 idi and they didn't rebuild the bottom end of the engine.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Copy and pasted right from Pensacola diesels page trying to sell you a "rebuilt" pump for 395 dollars.

PENSACOLA DIESEL IS NOT A AUTHORIZED STANADYNE SHOP. AND WE DO NOT WISH TO BE..WE DO NOT SELL STANADYNE JUNK.

If stanadyne was such junk, why did so many vehicles use stanadyne pumps OE? I hate to see you got taken for a ride by Pensacola, but I am afraid that is what has happened.

Dirtpoor

Reaction score
I put the pump on myself. I am tired of paying people who think they are mechanics and don't know any more than I do. I bought the truck for nothing with a bad injection pump and used Pensacola because they had worked for me before. I suppose I will call them tomorrow and see how they feel about it.