HOOKS??

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what others are doing for tow hooks on the front of your F250.

Tonight I just happened to think to look under the front of my 'new to me' 1994 F250 4x4 diesel, and not only did I not see any hooks but I didn't see where any could be mounted without a lot of fab work.

Any ideas or comments.

[I know my Ford will not need towed, but it would be useful for towing _ _ _ _ out of a bad place.][grin]

punkmechanic

diesel tech
Reaction score
I picked up and arb bumper in a u pull yard for 40 bucks. It came off a F'ed up 2000 toyota cantakeyouhoma. I mounted it in place of the stock bumper and I plan to reinforce the mount points on the frame and for tow hooks when I get enough coin for a BIG winch.

punk

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My F350 has this underneath, very heavy duty and it's well built.

You must be registered for see images attach

Popeye2347

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics BigRigTech. They bring to mind that a 2" receiver hitch would be put to good use on the front, not only for spotting and tow duty, but also if used with a step would eliminate the need for me to grow another 10-12" legs or get a step stool when servicing the engine. Now to find a front receiver hitch mount, hopefully at the wrecking yard.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
They are about as rare as Hens Teeth but I did have these on my truck but I sold them a couple of years ago when I did the makeover and installed a new bumper.

They are a Military Application, factory Ford part that bolt on to the frame. Here are a couple of pics:

Attachments

• SV500001.JPG
    SV500001.JPG
    430.9 KB · Views: 12
  • SV500002.JPG
    SV500002.JPG
    430.3 KB · Views: 24
  • SV500004.JPG
    SV500004.JPG
    424.6 KB · Views: 25
  • SV500007.JPG
    SV500007.JPG
    395.8 KB · Views: 18

BigRigTech

Diesel junky
Reaction score
My F250 has a conventional Fisher plow frame kit on it so I bought some 2" tubing to make a hitch style mount for it. I have a M12000 Warn witch setup for a 2" hitch so I can use it front or rear on my truck or on my buddy's car trailer. He borrowed it to haul some cars to his salvage yard, the word "AWESOME" was heard several times....LOL....No tires - no wheels - no problem he said...LOL...I had to use it on the rear of my truck this past winter to haul my F250 out of the woods after I slide off a driveway while plowing it. Here's the animal the day I got it. I traded it for a used Powerstroke engine.:D

Gone Huntin'

Reaction score
I bolted these under my winch bumper where the bumper brackets bolt onto it. They're rated at 10k each.