Hooking up 2nd tank.

cur.bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 93 7.3 non turbo with 2 tanks. Both tanks are hooked up to individual electric Walbro diesel fuel pumps. One tank goes directly to the factory filter and then to the IP. I want to bypass the factory filter and add another filter head for the 2nd tank. In looking at the truck I am trying to decide where to hook up the hose without screwing up. It looks like my factory filter does not go directly to the IP but into the injector line and then into the IP. Am I missing something or can I just T into the line coming off the factory head and add a second hose before the injectors and IP???? Thank you

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is someone on the board that makes custom hoses that go from the filter to the injection pump. If you took a three way valve and place it on the outputs of both filters and used the custom fuel line, then you could select which pump you want to run and then swith the valve to allow the fuel through the desired filter and into the pump.

I cant remember who made the hoses, but im sure someone hwo knows will come along soon.

cur.bill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Each tank has it's own 3 way and each tank has its own filter. One tank has a HE also. I cannot hook up before the factory filter as that defeats my purpose of having totally separate systems. I was going to just tap in after the factory filter but I thought I would ask more knowledegable people if this was the right place to tap in.

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I meant placing a valve after both the factory filter and the heating filter so that each filter ouputs into one side of the valve and leaving one input into the engine.

Switch the valve and power up the desired pump and it would push the fuel through the filter that the line is connected to. This would leave two systems that are connected to the motor by a valve before the injection pump. Then all you have to do is route the returns to the disired tanks.