home made harness questions 92 ford idi 7.3l

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I bought this parts truck originally to fix up my 95 powerstroke(needed some parts) and the guy said it ran fine but the front end was worn out and the hard lines started leaking so they parked it. Said it ran like a top before that. So I replaced the hard lines, fixed some other things, threw some batteries in it, and turned the key(had the fuel lines broke going to the injectors to prime). Absolutely nothing happened. I didn't even get lights on in the cab. So I disconnected the spade connectors, ran a jumper to the front spade on the drivers side of the injector pump and jumped the ignition solenoid. Once I got fuel and tightened everything up it ran line a top(minus a fuel leak). It hadnt ran in 7 or 8 years either. Well this engine is going to go into my 78 ford so I need to figure out how to wire up the glow plug relay and figure out what the rest of the spades on the injection pump are for. I can handle the rest.

Thanks in advance,
Jon

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh and I'm going to use the e4od in the 78 as well so Im sure there is some wiring between the engine and transmission that will need to be kept. A wiring diagram would prob solve most of my problems but advice would work as well!

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Shoot. I did, but now I can't find it.
It's pretty easy though.
On one side/big lug, you have the small wire that goes to the starter.
On the other side, you have the wire from the battery + all the other smaller wires.
Use a voltmeter and work your way in from the battery.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Jjona5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found one on here and ended up just running a hot wire to the non starter side of the ignition solenoid and everything came to life. I ran a test lead from the alternator post to that terminal with the jumper disconnected and it was good. Not sure which wire isnt hooked up or is bad but it ran fine with the jumper and all power came to the cab.