Here is some wonderfful news from Ats!

85f250dually

Reaction score
i know i prefer the hypermax pulse system on my 88 over the non wastegated banks on my 85. just seems to be more backyard mechanic friendly and has never leaked unlike the banks when i changed glowplugs last year.

phazertwo

Die Summer DIE!
Reaction score
I live about 20 minutes from ATS. I have been in there twice, only to wait for 30 minutes to be told to take a hike. As soon as I said I was looking for IDI parts they acted like I was the plague!

PZ

Alex S

Jeoff
Reaction score
does ford still the stock NA grommet? When i installed my used ats i just trimmed my stock grommet and it worked perfectly

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
does ford still the stock NA grommet? When i installed my used ats i just trimmed my stock grommet and it worked perfectly

If you have the o88 non wastegated system, then the factory gromet will fit ( as will the oring that seals the pedestal against the manifold where the CDR used to mount ), so the one that comes in every gasket set will work, so you won't have a problem. but the guys who have the newer wastegated system are screwed.

FordCoalRoller

IDI Probbie
Reaction score
Hypermax does have excellent customer service. I am a mechanic in the navy and we still have some IDI's floatin around and they wanted some more power out of her so I got a price quote and ordered it. Fantastic and swift costumer service and shipping. Just wish I could have slipped an extra kit on the ticket for my truck compliments of the Navy.:( Also and this may be out the other side of reality be has anyone considered that possibly some of the setup off a PStroke would work. :dunno

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
Hypermax does have excellent customer service. I am a mechanic in the navy and we still have some IDI's floatin around and they wanted some more power out of her so I got a price quote and ordered it. Fantastic and swift costumer service and shipping. Just wish I could have slipped an extra kit on the ticket for my truck compliments of the Navy.:( Also and this may be out the other side of reality be has anyone considered that possibly some of the setup off a PStroke would work. :dunno

one day when there is still people driving these trucks and companies finally stop making stuff we will have to do a whole lot more fab work and adapting things to make them work, that or either just park the truck and all go buy 6.7 scorpion motors:eek:

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score

It's been done but doesn't work real well. I used to have a powerchoke turbo setup that a fella had rigged for an IDI with an engine I bought once, but I got rid of it. Looked like more headache than it was worth. Traded it to a young guy who rigged it onto his camero :eek:

greg_a_morton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no matter what happens down the line on the turbo setups we will always have a option for a belt driven supercharger of some sort! Its not the same but still will help with added power. If I get to do me a IDI rat rod of some kind that will be my goal and to use some headers.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calvin, if you find a complete usable unit, my hot wheel looks like that so I'd be interested in splitting it.
you'll be third in line.
I have a WG Banks kit right now and have two other people wanting the turbo for their GM conversions. So far, I have no takers for the 6.9/7.3 IDI install kit. Once that happens, I'll be going down the list seeing who is serious in taking the turbo home.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TOWCAT, You shipping it or bringing it.LOL

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you have the o88 non wastegated system, then the factory gromet will fit ( as will the oring that seals the pedestal against the manifold where the CDR used to mount ), so the one that comes in every gasket set will work, so you won't have a problem. but the guys who have the newer wastegated system are screwed.

If nothing else I will produce an aluminum piece with a fat high temp oring ,pedestal side,that goes in the valley pan with some good sealer. Already got a prototype mocked up.;Sweet Been standing at the lathe all morning at the shop.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If nothing else I will produce an aluminum piece with a fat high temp oring ,pedestal side,that goes in the valley pan with some good sealer. Already got a prototype mocked up.;Sweet Been standing at the lathe all morning at the shop.
Very cool!! I'm curious to see how it'll look when all's said and done...if you end up producing these, I think I'm interested in one :angel:

I've said it before, but let me say it again...thank you for everything that you've done and continue to do ;Sweet

Brimmstone

Full Access Member
Reaction score

PM with price as soon as you get them ready to ship. I got the same news from ATS when I tried to order a couple. SHMUCKS are all that company is now.