Heavy Duty Headlight Harness

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive been looking into getting a upgraded headlight harness for my truck. I was just wondering if any of you guys have these harnesses and what you think of them?

Ive read on the internet that since they pull power from the battery you get brighter lights and since the headlight switch is no longer pulling the power they wont overheat and melt, which is suppose to be a common problem.

It says daytime running lites must be disabled to use this harness. Does anybody know why? and how would i disable my DRL? Also do any of you guys have HID lights? I would like to get a set in the near future and i was wondering if i would be able to use this harness with HID lights?

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I'll eventually do this as well. That price seems a little expensive, I think some people do it on there own for much cheaper. I think I might throw on a brush gaurd with some lights on that as well, its always raining in the winter, so when it gets dark, it gets really dark because of no moon. I also upgraded my lights to the LMC euro headlights, they are much, much better ;Sweet, and they look better.

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll eventually do this as well. That price seems a little expensive, I think some people do it on there own for much cheaper. I think I might throw on a brush gaurd with some lights on that as well, its always raining in the winter, so when it gets dark, it gets really dark because of no moon. I also upgraded my lights to the LMC euro headlights, they are much, much better ;Sweet, and they look better.

I also upgraded my Headlights to the Euro ones. They were a bit brighter than my clouded stock ones. I saw on FTE that someone posted a article on how to pretty much make your own HD headlight harness. But i figure after driving around to get relays and all the parts. ill probably be into it for pretty much the same price as purhcasing the harness from somewhere.

Im just unsure about unhooking my DRL in order to use the harness and whether or not i can use the harness with HID`s?

funnyman06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck never came with daytime running lights. I guess that a Canada thing. Which headlights did you guys get, the euro ones? Do you guys have a part number or a link?

7.3IDIDSL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah it is a Canadian thing haha. i actually bought my euro lights off of ebay. search for "bronco clear lights" and you should find the headlights. corner lights, and bumper lights. I bought ebay ones and my friend bought LMC truck ones. They are the same lights...just different prices.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken....the DRL takes the high beam and lowers the voltage a bit to produce less light but still provide enough illumination to be seen during the daylight hours. It is a small module located usually on the drivers side on the rad support behind the grille.

If you remove the DRL module from your existing setup Hi and Low still work the only issue is the Hi indicator in the instrument cluster does not work(don't ask me how I know) so you'll have to be vigilant in keeping lows on for oncoming traffic...but then who actually needs that lil blue light to tell em their Hi's are on.....