Heavy Crap

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I have used various things over the years to include concrete parking bumpers, 5 gallon buckets filled with cement , 4in thick x 12in diameter steel plates with handles welded on them, firewood, old engine blocks, scrap tractor trailer rims. I always used ratchet straps on anything I had in there. Once my ex had an accident with the 5 gal cement filled buckets in the bed. The straps broke sending buckets into the front of the bed, bending it but the straps took enough energy out of them to keep them from coming thru the cab.
NOW I ONLY USE SNOW.
Like other said it melts by itself and you don,t have to worry about coming thru the cab and killing you. I go to the closest shopping center were they use front end
Loaders to remove snow, bring the guy a coffee and have him dump a bucket of snow in the bed. No back ache, no projectiles to worry about.

kendawg69a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
U krazys must love driving in reverse careful with all that weight lol

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is some heavy crap some of you guys have put in your beds before in 2wd trucks to help get up a steep driveway? I've never had to get bags of sand and wouldn't know where to get something like this that's "safe" I have plenty of wood and cement bricks but.. Yeah doesn't seem the safest. Anything easy to go get for this? I made it out tonight but barely (thanks to the posi rear end) but I could feel it hopping and just needing more gravity. Honestly did pretty well for five inches of snow and the steepness of the driveway.

I need the % percent of incline of the driveway and length of it to calculate the needed weight in the truck before the rear wheels break loose.

Don't matter the coefficient of the snow or ice.