heated mirror not working?

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the heating elements are known for being junk...youll need to get a new mirror......just be glad it didnt do what most of em do...shatter the glass when the element goes out, overheating it.

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its part of the mirror assembly...take door panel off and 3-10mm bolts and install the new mirror..approx cost..anywhere between 150 and 250 bucks...depending on if its a trailer tow mirror or standard mirror.

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
if your don't mind loosing the heat and power options for the $$$$ go with a set of 7 x 10 trailer towing mirrors..... easy upgrade and if you've got to have the drivers-side door panel off just yank the passenger side off and do the swap!

just my .02.

JP

holtzer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not sure if the new trailer tows fit or not...but theyre power and heated.

Headhunter_5.9

there it is Johnny!
Reaction score
the new flip up power and heated mirrors will not fit on a '01... there is 'SOME' way to take the bolt assembly off of the factory mirrors and put that on the new heated mirrors but it takes about 8 hours to do that! granted that could be just a rumor! I can't remember where I read that!!!! but the problem with doing that is the strength of the short bolts on the factory mirrors would probably cause vibration in the new mirrors! so that option isn't really fisable.

I'd check ebay often and see if you can't find someone that did a swap out to the flip ups and jump on that... granted you may have to buy the left and right but you can probably get that done cheaper than ordering a new one from dodge!