Head gaskets

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IT'S ALIVE IT'S ALIVE

Cranked her up last night, started with no problem, sounds great.

Test drive tonight and then some pics, it not only sounds good but it's pruddy too. ;Sweet

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't believe how much power this thing has hittin on all 8.

Hope it last, just sooooooo much more power.

Of course I did turn the pump up one more flat, youknow while I had it off in front of me. :D

Attachments

• IMG_4386.JPG
    IMG_4386.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4388.JPG
    IMG_4388.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 14

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the photos. I was wondering what my IDI looked like. I wouild still llike to see what the rods and crank look like on these things. I have just read about them, never seen the inside of this awsome bod boy engine. I like having a better understanding of what I have.

Thanks again.

Marq

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the photos. I was wondering what my IDI looked like. I wouild still llike to see what the rods and crank look like on these things. I have just read about them, never seen the inside of this awsome bod boy engine. I like having a better understanding of what I have.

Thanks again.

Marq

here is a crank pic

Attachments

• rail mods 059.jpg
    rail mods 059.jpg
    584 KB · Views: 12

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice setup. How long have you been working on it....

It has taken me about three weeks to do these heads, pull them off, order parts, wait on machine shop, keep wife off back doing stuff with her, too hot, to tired.

The IJ pump is about a year old, the injectors are two years old (poped tested them while off, 1800 pop) pump turned wide open and back a half a flat, running on my homemade B-100. I pull a 13,000 pound fiver.

Can't wait to put a new load behind her now :hail

MARQ2277

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to get a used injector pump, so I can take it apart and see how they actually work, and try to modify it myself. Anyone out there with a junk DB2 pump, let me know.

marq

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 90 degree bend is one of my old over the axle three inch pipes, cut it, added another piece of pipe and had my muffler guy swedge it out to four inch to fit the air cleaner from O'Rileys.

The coupler is a stainless band with rubber inside, Ace hardware has these to couple pvc pipes.

Timthetoolman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I have 1500 miles on her and two pulls of my fiver.

Runs way much better and holds more boost faster, or course I did have an exhaust manafold leak I fixed during the repair.

Never see much over 205 degrees on temp while towing and it is hot here in Tennessee, of course I do have the MSTech fan clutch. ;Sweet

Running all homemade B-100, put 5 gallons of pump fuel in last night (only because I forgot to fuel up at home enought) first pump fuel I have bought in over a year, couldn't tell that it ran any better or worst.

So far so good :hail

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online