HE351VE Remote Mount Turbo

Ataylor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wmoguy,

Have you got it running with the turbo yet? I have been hoping to read good things about your set up. It is something I might tackle on my truck. Do you have any pictures of your cold pipes?

Thanks,
Archie

wmoguy

Reaction score
Wmoguy,

Have you got it running with the turbo yet? I have been hoping to read good things about your set up. It is something I might tackle on my truck. Do you have any pictures of your cold pipes?

Thanks,
Archie

No new progress and I'm annoyed by that... Been spending my spare time fighting a stupid air intrusion issue. Problem solved officially as of today. I plan on getting the cold pipe(s) done next Saturday afternoon

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you put amuffler preturbo it will kill the response time, you dont want the exhaust to expand or cooll down till after the turbo.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw you offered up your ats 60-1 wheel how much I'm getting a moose pump soon and was thinking about that upgrad with Russ but I can't afford to send my turbo away I need my truck in working order as its just about done and about to be my Daily DriverI my truck she's been geting fixed up for four months

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any updates? Last update you pretty much only had the cold pipes left to do. Is it running now?

wmoguy

Reaction score
Any updates? Last update you pretty much only had the cold pipes left to do. Is it running now?

Yea the pickup is alive. Sorry guys, been busier than a 1 arm paper hanger the last 60 days or so. I'll try and get some video up sooner than later. I'm hoping by Mid June life will calm down a little and I can run down and get a new Dyno run completed.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya what is you max boost and where do you hit it at? What is your boost at cruise? More info please...

wmoguy

Reaction score
Ya what is you max boost and where do you hit it at? What is your boost at cruise? More info please...

I chickened out letting it go past 18 psi since I'm studless still. I'm sure it would have no issue providing 30+ psi if i were to let it (and the IDI taking it)

I don't have the drive pressure gauge in yet so I'm playing it pretty cautious.

10psi @ 1700 is pretty easy to come by.

Cruise boost= wherever I want it to be, it's VGT and uses my home made boost controller to control the geometry position. ;Really

Overall EGTS are certainly down considerably, Boost comes on quick down low like I hoped for. I'm pleased with the results as of now. It should pull heavy thru the mountains a lot easier than it did prior.

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics of your completed setup? I also wouldn't ming seeing some pics of your boost controller. Also do plan on putting up any videos? And do you think it is making any more power than before with this turbo?

hairyboxnoogle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems like alot of work. I hit 10 by 1800 with a springed wastegate that starts opening at 6-7. 1-2lbs off idle 6 by 1400, hangs there a sec then starts climbing. hits 13-14 at 2800 @WOT under load which is what and where it peaked with the wastegate just left open. egts never past 900 so far, and not to boast but i have about $300 in mine. Im going to have to chalk it up to being remote mount, as you would have to have more fuel than this clapped out NA pump. I am interested in the VGT for my other build so i do have a question or two. First, with the wastegate actuator running the vanes, would it not simply go from min to max once it hits the psi its set for? My only hesitation at this point with a VGT is controlling the vanes accurately and reliably. Having full use of them opening and closing across the power band, therefore im more inclined to use springs, but hard to say what it will take to dial it in. The exhaust brake function would be nice but not necessary. I think it was 88ford suggested using an air ram powered from boost pressure to control the vanes, something i also plan to look into, maybe you know something about it or have also considered it. just looking for some more info, so if you have time to jot down a few things you thought of and why you went the way you did, as opposed to not using something else i would be interested in hearing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RustyNail351

Members online