HE351VE Remote Mount Turbo

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well a little more progress was made. Things went slow as a lot of my buddies tools and such he left at work. I am saddened that my darn new brand new AC Condenser now sports a pinhole :rolleyes: but I guess I needed another project to fix. :eek:

Intercooler mounted. It's a little lower than some might like, but I'm pleased. This is essentially a pavement princess so I'm not that worried. I thought I had a pic with the bumper on it, it hangs down roughly 3-4" below the bumper. What I like is that it doesn't interfere with the AC Condenser or the radiator air flow.

That looks like the intercooler that I got off ebay lol. When I mounted mine, I cut the bracket right below the latch and then trimmed the bottom plastic grill supports and the grill. It actually turned out really well on my truck. Does your bumper have those square holes in it like a lot of Obs Powerstrokes do?

wmoguy

Reaction score
That looks like the intercooler that I got off ebay lol. When I mounted mine, I cut the bracket right below the latch and then trimmed the bottom plastic grill supports and the grill. It actually turned out really well on my truck. Does your bumper have those square holes in it like a lot of Obs Powerstrokes do?

Yes

wmoguy

Reaction score
Took a pic of the intercooler position today. The boots are not going to be positioned as you see in the pic, nor will the grocery bags be in there to protect it. LOL

For giggles I think I'm going to make a cover out of expanded metal that goes in front of the cooler to further protect it from rocks getting thrown from other vehicles.

Attachments

• 20120311_124615.jpg
    20120311_124615.jpg
    494.5 KB · Views: 352

88 Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How will you make the protector? I guess I mean how will it attach and not inhibit flow over it?

wmoguy

Reaction score
it'll just be an expanded metal front cover I'll form to fit. no big deal. It wont make that big of a difference in airflow

7.3_IDI_guy

Currently ******'
Reaction score
I lurk every now and then. I like following a guy's project who's doing something different from the norm.

I ended up buying an air filter from a small cabover truck and bolting it down in the bed. It worked very well, but was a major PITA to clean up any time I filled the bed with mulch, dirt, etc. . .

DYoung "bought" all the components from my remote system, but I don't think he ever installed it

I'm pretty close personal friends with dyoung, grew up with david pretty much so i can tell ya he did not install that kit, Just put a factory turbo on his 6.9. Sorry for the hi-jack wmo guy

93f250idi

strokin
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
might need some of these for the the intercooler

wmoguy

Reaction score
More Progress this morning...

I got the N/A Y Pipe painted w/ a few coats of Stove Paint then wrapped it with Header Wrap.

wmoguy

Reaction score
A few coats of High Temp International Red Paint on the spare intake snail I had. :sly

Notice several ports for water **** injectors, air temp gauges, etc.. :sly

wmoguy

Reaction score
Oil System tested and pressure tested. No leaks first try :angel:

My cell phone mic makes this thing sound much louder than it actually is. With the toolbox door closed you can't even hear the pumps running. I've got it dialed in @ 42psi constant oil pressure right now.

http://youtu.be/L_U44iR8vj0

I'm hoping either tomorrow or Monday to get the cold pipes permanently in place. All thats left then is to get the new exhaust in place and we are in business!

Does anyone think a straight thru muffler (i.e. maybe a glasspack installed backwards) would quiet things down exhaust wise? I've got my current turbo system (ATS turbo) straight piped, and quite frankly, it's louder than I prefer driving around town. even though technically my "muffler" would be pre-turbo vs. post, think it would decrease the sound any? Ideally all I want to really hear is turbo whistle coming out of that beast. ;Really